tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty morning. Reminds me of the mornings in Iowa when I worked for our neighbor as a flagger. He did crop dusting and we were always up early before sunrise when the wind hadn't picked up as it more often would later in the day. How cold is it there in Iowa?.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Pretty morning. Reminds me of the mornings in Iowa when I worked for our neighbor as a flagger. He did crop dusting and we were always up early before sunrise when the wind hadn't picked up as it more often would later in the day. How cold is it there in Iowa?.
We’ve been around the 30s and 40s. No snow on the ground any more here.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We’ve been around the 30s and 40s. No snow on the ground any more here.
The last couple of times I went to Des Moines was during the winter. I took this picture on a drive from North Platte to DM. I80 was like this all the way from NP to DM, where the snow was deeper. It took over 9 hrs to drive whats normally a bit less than a 6 hrs drive on that stretch that day.

Attachments

• 20210126_074325.jpg
    20210126_074325.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
The last couple of times I went to Des Moines was during the winter. I took this picture on a drive from North Platte to DM. I80 was like this all the way from NP to DM, where the snow was deeper. It took over 9 hrs to drive whats normally a bit less than a 6 hrs drive on that stretch that day.
Yuck! That looks like what I’m used to seeing. Bleak and snowy, but not this year, yet.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yuck! That looks like what I’m used to seeing. Bleak and snowy, but not this year, yet.
Good Pheasant weather I remember. Gosh we'd go out many decades ago on days such as this and bag our limit on Pheasant, Quail and add a few Cottontail to skin, gut and soak for a day or so in a vat of saltwater. My cousins tell me, it ain't like it was anymore. Land owners reject access more these days and unless you got a good dog, it's hard to flush a rooster out anymore as they've become so limited to what you'd see 50 years ago. Gone are many of the old ways. Something these believe in what the media says, politically corrected, academically puffed up,
generations of today should've never existed and best to have been outlawed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread