What's new

Most Memorable Hunt of the Year. Old Gold Horseshoe and Four Leaf Clover Stick pin, few Silvers. Cool stopper.

RatherBeDigging

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2020
Messages
618
Reaction score
3,306
Golden Thread
3
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore mostly or oversized coil on equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had been trying to get in here again since the 21st of August but two weeks with a lot of rain made it inaccessible. Finally got back over the long weekend. Some of the finds I eyeballed, some with detector and some with my alternative method. I've found gold jewelry bits here but never anything whole. A little bit of gold chain, a pin from a brooch but only the pin. So when I saw just the pin of the stick pin sticking out I was not hopeful at all. It looks like it had a little gem in center of the clover and enamel which a tiny bit is hanging on. No marks but it definitely looks more than 14k. Going to a jeweler to get straightened out and possibly replace the missing gem I'd assume was a little emerald?? update it actually would have been a little seed pearl. I'll get a proper purity from jeweler.

Based on certain clues from items ive found here the sites dates from 1890s to early 1900. No machine made bottles. There's a lot of data able shards. Payne's celery compound shards, a blobtop stopper from H. FRED WILMS who ran Baltimore Berliner Weis Brewery 1895 to 1904. A random 1896 patented brass item. All the other Indians not in this post have been 1890s early 1900s. Clearly they had a lot of events here because I've found so many cufflinks, pins, bits of broken jewelry here prior to this hunt and also after this hunt. Also definitely the smallest cameo I've ever seen! I'm not sure of scissor handle and orchid cufflink are silver. Brooch and the very dark gray pieces are.
 

Attachments

  • 20260905_163128.webp
    20260905_163128.webp
    2 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Upvote 28
Congrats on the fantastic finds ! :occasion14:
 
Fantastic finds, congrats!
Thank you! Was really expecting the pin to be broken when I saw just the pin part sticking out.
 
Thank you! Was really expecting the pin to be broken when I saw just the pin part sticking out.
Isn't it strange how some of the most robust items get thoroughly trashed while some of the most delicate things survive? :dontknow:
 
Isn't it strange how some of the most robust items get thoroughly trashed while some of the most delicate things survive? :dontknow:
Yes exactly. It looks like it's marked 14k and looks an awful lot like tge clover pieces made by krementz & co. There was at somepoint green enamel on this, the little bit of green in photo hanging on. They are known for their clover pins and brooches. It dates to circa 1900.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom