Most recent colonial mix - shoe buckle, musketballs, partial sideplate, etc.

tokens70

Apr 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola, Explorer 2
Hey guys, These represent my most recent finds minus the modern & junk:tongue3: Shoe buckle appears to be copper/brass coated with pewter:icon_scratch: maybe not. Too bad the serpent sideplate wasnt intact (beautiful patina):headbang: The small two piece button appears to be a vent hole button by the shape & style of shank, but looks to only have one hole in the back.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
That is a neat old brass nail! I was wondering if the flat button is silver through and through or just plated? Very cool stuff!

Thanks FoundInNC, I believe it is a colonial cufflink or maybe early 1800's and is solid, definately not plated:thumbsup:

Great finds! I found a nail similar to that one - didn't know that's what it was. Typically, how old are those things?

Thanks OS, To be honest im still learning about these particular items myself so i really dont know, but based on other items im finding at this site im guessing 1790's to 1820's???

Those are some nice finds. I am glad you cleaned them up before posting. I like to see what things look like without all the dirt and crap.

Late 18th C solid Silver Cufflink piece with incised rose.

Nice Buckle.

Thanks Crusader & thanks for the info on the cufflink:thumbsup:

Great haul. That is a beautiful old shank button.

Thanks again Crusader, that definately means alot:occasion14: And Olekyground, thank you for the nice comments:thumbsup:

thanks Gunrunner & Giant, Thanks for looking:hello:

These are the relics that I like to see being dug in Florida. I would be pleased with that hunt. The find of the day was the silver 18th century cufflink.

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Thanks again everyone, the silver cufflink is pretty awesome:headbang: But as wwwtimmcp said, so is the broken sideplate:hello: What colonial relic isnt awesome:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back