What's new

Movie maker for Forrest Fenn treasure solve? Part 2

tiredboots

Greenie
Joined
Aug 6, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Greetings again,
If I may, I would like to add a few comments about my request for a movie producer (or somebody that knows one). In point of fact, I actually DO know how Forrest Fenn's poem works, and where he hid his treasure. But, I won't belabor the issue, since there are hundreds of others making the same claim.
As sort of an FYI there are certain aspects of the Forrest Fenn poem enigma that you might find helpful in explaining why no one solved the poem in a timely fashion.
There are 3 main components involved in a complete solution that takes one within a few steps of the treasure chest, as declared by FF on page 132 in The Thrill of the Chase.
1. Solving the poem
2. Using a "good" map
3. Mating the first 2 together
Having one or the other of the first 2 will get you no where, and renders No. 3 of no value. The odds of anyone doing all 3 is nearly off the probability chart! Forrest may have overstated the case when he said an ordinary person with no specialized knowledge could solve the poem. By some fluke of providence I happen to possess a few particular skills which were extremely helpful in solving the mystery. Regrettably, I was a tad late to the TC Hidey Place. My story of the Chase is rather long. It took me 8 years and 80,000 miles!
The poem Solve and a ton of other stuff deserve being told by a professional movie maker. The Solve covers quite a wide canvas. It's far more than you can imagine. Forrest Fenn was the King of Clever!
"tiredboots"
 
In point of fact, I actually DO know how Forrest Fenn's poem works, and where he hid his treasure. But, I won't belabor the issue, since there are hundreds of others making the same claim.
You do know the treasure has already been found, right? Hundreds may make the claim, but only one of them has the chest, and he hasn't revealed the solution, as far as I know.
 
You do know the treasure has already been found, right? Hundreds may make the claim, but only one of them has the chest, and he hasn't revealed the solution, as far as I know.
vanre-bubble.gif
 
You do know the treasure has already been found, right? Hundreds may make the claim, but only one of them has the chest, and he hasn't revealed the solution, as far as I know.
Yes, robertk, I do know it has been found. But some have said that the solve to the poem and the treasure chest location "reveal" is worth more than the T.C. I tend to agree. What the general treasure hunting population doesn't seem to realize is that the whole story is not just a 2 minute "tell all". It's much, much more! It would make an awesome 90 minute production. Just sayin' "tiredboots"
 
But some have said that the solve to the poem and the treasure chest location "reveal" is worth more than the T.C.
Oh I agree, I would love to know the explanation to the poem. But unless the solution is the solution that actually led to the chest, it's just speculation. And for that matter, unless Fenn himself said "yes, that's exactly what I meant." then it's still speculation -- and he's not talking. Your solution may be absolutely correct, but we have no way of really knowing.
 
Oh I agree, I would love to know the explanation to the poem. But unless the solution is the solution that actually led to the chest, it's just speculation. And for that matter, unless Fenn himself said "yes, that's exactly what I meant." then it's still speculation -- and he's not talking. Your solution may be absolutely correct, but we have no way of really knowing.
robertk I understand your skepticism, however, I could convince the most hardened skeptic in 15 minutes. When you see "the" solve you won't have to question its validity. It speaks for itself. The various solves on youtube and in books are just fantasy walks in the woods. Myself excluded, I have yet to see anyone follow FF instructions on how to solve the poem. As I mentioned in Part 2, the odds of anyone actually solving the poem are insanely high. I got lucky in some respects. In other respects I lost out because I made a ton of bad decisions based upon misinterpreting stuff that FF said. It was all too easy to go astray and waste a year or more in the process.
And now it appears that getting through the front door of a movie producer is arguably more difficult that solving the poem. I should also point out that at least 75% of the movie would be animation. Jaw dropping stuff!
"tiredboots"
 
I'm just not getting the point here. You want to make a movie showing how you solved the poem, but someone else got the treasure? Solving the poem after the fact seems like a total waste of time to me and making a movie out of it just seems pointless.
 
I'm just not getting the point here. You want to make a movie showing how you solved the poem, but someone else got the treasure? Solving the poem after the fact seems like a total waste of time to me and making a movie out of it just seems pointless.
Well, I suppose you have a point. However, there are thousands who are still pulling their hair out wondering how on earth FF's poem takes one to the treasure chest. Some probably think it can't be done. In the Thrill of the Chase, p 132, FF says the poem will take a person within a few steps of the TC if followed PRECISELY. I personally thought that was impossible, but I eventually changed my mind. A top quality movie of the whole scenario is worth way more than the net value of the TC. There is FAR MORE than you realize. It's totally awesome in a Forrest Fenn kind of way!

tiredboots
 
I just want to know if the “house of brown” was a cave used by bears near a waterfall.
Hmmmm! NO, I don't think so! ;- ). One ought not to be too concerned about the Home of Brown. Someday you will know why. Odd, I never knew it was also know as the "house of brown" . There are no active waterfalls near the Hidey Place. It's rather kind of dry, except in a major downpour.

tiredboots
 

​

Justin Posey Updates Us on the Treasure He Hid in Netflix’s ‘Gold & Greed: The Hunt for Fenn’s Treasure’​

releventchair,
I did watch the Netflix series Gold and Greed several months ago. There was precious little substance to its content. But, most notable, was near the ending when Justin Posey revealed, what we are supposed to assume was where FF hid his treasure chest, somewhere up in Yellowstone National Park. Believe me when I say this is pure fiction, for a whole host of reasons, which I am not going to go into at this time. I know there are a lot of FF devotees out there who have this intractable fixation on YNP. However, a poem Solve to the TC in YNP cannot be demonstrated or proven in any way, shape or form.
"tiredboots"
 
Hmmmm! NO, I don't think so! ;- ). One ought not to be too concerned about the Home of Brown. Someday you will know why. Odd, I never knew it was also know as the "house of brown" . There are no active waterfalls near the Hidey Place. It's rather kind of dry, except in a major downpour.

tiredboots
It wasn’t also known as that, I misspoke.
 
Do you think Fenn just gave the guy some inside info to stop the controversy around the search for the treasure?
 
Do you think Fenn just gave the guy some inside info to stop the controversy around the search for the treasure?
I don't think so. That was a common theory considering Forrest died a few months later. What I can tell you is that, per the pictures provided by the Finder, nothing was amiss. (At least as to where the TC was hid and found.) The Finder used info given by FF publicly, plus a little from the poem, to find the TC. I knew as far back as 2017 that a person didn't have to solve the poem to find the TC. And it came to pass that way. The "Solve" takes one right to where the TC was found. Of that I am 100% certain. I spent far more time in the general search area than the Finder did, so I know it quite well.
Please note, as per what FF said many times: if a person solves the poem they can go pick up the TC in less than an HOUR! This is absolute FACT! So the Finder's 24 day search speaks volumes.
"tiredboots"
 
The "Solve" takes one right to where the TC was found. Of that I am 100% certain. I spent far more time in the general search area than the Finder did, so I know it quite well.
Please note, as per what FF said many times: if a person solves the poem they can go pick up the TC in less than an HOUR! This is absolute FACT!
So, I have a dumb question. If you aren't the finder, then how are you "100% certain" you know the location? And conversely, if you are "100% certain" of the location, why didn't you go get it?
 
So, I have a dumb question. If you aren't the finder, then how are you "100% certain" you know the location? And conversely, if you are "100% certain" of the location, why didn't you go get it?
Your question isn't dumb, in fact, it is spot on. A picture is worth a thousand words. In this case it was a major "tell all"! In spit of the fact that the Finder's pictures were highly cropped, there was more than enough info on them to make a positive ID. Your "conversely" question is a bit tricky to answer in full. I have stated previously that the poem solve will take one right to the Hidey Place. It is hard for those who have spent so much time with "boots on the ground" to understand that FF's word "precisely" is no stretch of the imagination. The Solve will put a person 3 feet from the TC. No kidding!
As to why I didn't find it, I will have to remain silent on that point at this time.
Just as an FYI, my wife subscribes to the notion that Forrest Fenn used the Finder as the "Finder" of record, as the original question suggested. In my mind it just doesn't work. I apologize for not using his name. It might raise legal issues. There is also the possibility that he had help????? But, not from FF, (intentionally!).
"tiredboots"
 
In spit of the fact that the Finder's pictures were highly cropped, there was more than enough info on them to make a positive ID.
Indeed, and that has already been done. Which is why I think the movie idea will be a hard sell. The whole thing is explained, photos and poem and all, at this site.
 
Indeed, and that has already been done. Which is why I think the movie idea will be a hard sell. The whole thing is explained, photos and poem and all, at this site.
Okay. That would be one credible way to look at it. But, what you're thinking and what I know are entirely different. And I will leave it at that. In any event, your curiosity on the matter is admirable.
"tiredboots"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom