Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I know is bring a raincoat.

Haha. Glad I bought the AT Pro now. No worse I think than my stupid Colorado weather (which it's snowing now and supposed to be high 50's or 60's tomorrow).

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Palus, here in the Willamette Valley we have had 55 inches of rain since Oct. 1 -- more than 20 inches above average, hence the rain coat recommendation. In fact, a wet suit might make more sense. Might take a look at the Oregon Treasure Trails Facebook page.
Also, here is a guide to detecting on state park lands.
http://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=v.page&id=21

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
East side of the Cascades is high desert....lots of good 'ol red-necks, cowboys and Indins. West side of the Cascades.....tree huggers and transplanted Californians. Bend used to be a timber town, now more of a yuppy town. Portland we call Moscow on the Columbia. Yup, Orygun is the largest sanctuary state in the Union. Are ya sure you want to move here?? My only excuse is, I was born here.....:laughing7:

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Born In Ashland at the Old hospital that was part of the college campus, have relatives there since 1863, lived up in the Ashland Mine rd area, Neil creek. and was a Grizzly Wrestler of note.
Primus Palus, Hehe, the Garrett AT is a good one for Oregon detecting, I'm working on getting an ATX PI at the moment, I like everything about that unit, Used to sell tesoro's, whites and fishers mainly.

Have found some pretty nice Gold in Oregon, it is everywhere in the state it seems, The Applegate, Gold hill, Rogue-China creek was a great dredge spot,ounces over the weekend, Graves creek off I-5, heck could name off for hours. Glad to share knowledge.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waterproof socks, too.

Spent a year in the Portland area, really liked it. It rained, it snowed, it got hot, but whatever. Id really like to live in Ashland or Medford though, mostly because its closer to the types of terrain I like. Moved back to CA for a 3 month gig, been here 3 years now. Some days I think I should have stayed in Colorado.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread