What's new

Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

We finished our four boxes, not great at all, but not a skunk either:

Mr. Apush: 2 40%
Mrs. Apush: 4 40%

First time in a while that Mr. Apush came in 2nd place. Keeping in mind, of course, that all silver goes into Mrs. Apush's LV purse by the end of the evening. :laughing9: But, he knows this, of course.

Really proud of Mr. Apush. He states that he is tired, but he will finish the "box." :laughing9:

I think I finally got him hooked. He has started to ask me when will I be picking up boxes.

P.S.: The Bud Light, Modela Especial with extra lime, and our conversation, was really good tonight--even though we did not score big. :). AKA: Quality Time. Kids are grown (Big, Big Smile).

Smile: Apush :read2:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

apush said:
We finished our four boxes, not great at all, but not a skunk either:

Mr. Apush: 2 40%
Mrs. Apush: 4 40%

First time in a while that Mr. Apush came in 2nd place. Keeping in mind, of course, that all silver goes into Mrs. Apush's LV purse by the end of the evening. :laughing9: But, he knows this, of course.

Really proud of Mr. Apush. He states that he is tired, but he will finish the "box." :laughing9:

I think I finally got him hooked. He has started to ask me when will I be picking up boxes.

P.S.: The Bud Light, Modela Especial with extra lime, and our conversation, was really good tonight--even though we did not score big. :). AKA: Quality Time. Kids are grown (Big, Big Smile).

Smile: Apush :read2:


I like your tastes in beer. But for the Mexican beer, you should try dos equis lager especial. I have tried several of the Mexican beers and that one is my favorite. Way to get your husband addicted to CRHing ;D.

Jim
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

I will sample that beer. In Texas, we eat Mexican food at least 4 times per week--along side cornbread, greens, hog jowls, and grits (lol). Well, at least we do.

My husband can make the best tortillas in the world (corn). Not sure where he learned how. Our hot salsa is amazing too. Love to drink beer and look thru coins with hot sauce and chips on the side. It's the best of both worlds.

apush :read2:
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

always wanted to try that beer. guess i will

its dirty to eat and search though

sounds like you guys had fun and thats what counts :P.
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

apush said:
I will sample that beer. In Texas, we eat Mexican food at least 4 times per week--along side cornbread, greens, hog jowls, and grits (lol). Well, at least we do.

My husband can make the best tortillas in the world (corn). Not sure where he learned how. Our hot salsa is amazing too. Love to drink beer and look thru coins with hot sauce and chips on the side. It's the best of both worlds.

apush :read2:

Hog jowls? I don't even know what that is, so I will take your word that it is good. There are a few good Mexican places here (don't know how authentic they are) but the workers barely speak English and the food is very good. I like the dos equis especial a bit better than Modelo, but Modelo is definitely good too.

I would imagine the Mexican food in Texas is a bit more authentic than here in the Midwest due to your proximity to the border.

Jim
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

nice! sometimes when i crh, i get a lil' hungry, and eat some oreo's, might be a little dirty, but i dont care...cuz i mean wats the worst that could happen, i contract aids??? its totally worth it! :laughing9: no, but seriously i eat oreo's while crhing sometimes!
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

Hog jowls would be pig cheeks. It is one of the cheaper cuts of meat, kinda like chicken faces. Seriously though I won't eat any finger foods while CRHing. My hands get black very quickly and you don't know where those coins have been.
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

I like Modelo, but I love Pacifico. Both are finally available in kegs. I love beer, and precious metals ;D.
Cheers,
detect4au
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

Guys,
We take breaks, wash our hands, then snack. :laughing9:

apush (who has really, really clean hands) :read2:
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

We do the Red Wine thing here.
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

What's the score so far? Whose pulled the most silver,Mr.or Mrs. Apush?
HH
Rich
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

The competition has only been going on a month or so. He has 22 keepers vs my poor showing of 9. I get skunks alot more often than Mr. Apush.

I started this journey in January. Until lately, he had little interest so I did the boxes. My totals since January are:

65--90%
104--40%

Not great by any longshot, but a little here and a little there will add up. I started off with 1 box per week, and now I am up to 4-5 boxes per week.

Going to Galveston next month to hit the beaches and will hit a few banks along the way. :icon_sunny:

apush :read2:
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

apush said:
The competition has only been going on a month or so. He has 22 keepers vs my poor showing of 9. I get skunks alot more often than Mr. Apush.

I started this journey in January. Until lately, he had little interest so I did the boxes. My totals since January are:

65--90%
104--40%

Not great by any longshot, but a little here and a little there will add up. I started off with 1 box per week, and now I am up to 4-5 boxes per week.

Going to Galveston next month to hit the beaches and will hit a few banks along the way. :icon_sunny:

apush :read2:

That's not bad ! I started off small and then went big. Now I need a break to catch some beach time myself. I like to hit the beach 3 times a week. Connecticut beaches are crowded by Noon, the sand is coarse,no waves, and the water is cold until the end of July,but that salt air smells great.
HH
Rich
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

Wish my percentage of 90%/40% was that good. I'm at 404/1638 ytd. HH Mark
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

Silver Stripe said:
Wish my percentage of 90%/40% was that good. I'm at 404/1638 ytd. HH Mark
so far we have found this year 1494 %40's and 255 %90's .

And of the combined total 1749 Silvers over 1/2 came from road trips and hitting local Banks in routine drive by's. The rest from the 288 Boxes we have done this year so far.
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

obediah said:
Silver Stripe said:
Wish my percentage of 90%/40% was that good. I'm at 404/1638 ytd. HH Mark
so far we have found this year 1494 %40's and 255 %90's .

And of the combined total 1749 Silvers over 1/2 came from road trips and hitting local Banks in routine drive by's. The rest from the 288 Boxes we have done this year so far.
Your doin better than me Obie, I gots more silver but my box total is 700+. HH Mark
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

apush said:
The competition has only been going on a month or so. He has 22 keepers vs my poor showing of 9. I get skunks alot more often than Mr. Apush.

I started this journey in January. Until lately, he had little interest so I did the boxes. My totals since January are:

65--90%
104--40%

Not great by any longshot, but a little here and a little there will add up. I started off with 1 box per week, and now I am up to 4-5 boxes per week.

Going to Galveston next month to hit the beaches and will hit a few banks along the way. :icon_sunny:

apush :read2:

Stop by the house on the way down to the beach.
Lots of cold beer here and good Mex food.
I'll educate you on the local banks.
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

TXTim said:
apush said:
The competition has only been going on a month or so. He has 22 keepers vs my poor showing of 9. I get skunks alot more often than Mr. Apush.

I started this journey in January. Until lately, he had little interest so I did the boxes. My totals since January are:

65--90%
104--40%

Not great by any longshot, but a little here and a little there will add up. I started off with 1 box per week, and now I am up to 4-5 boxes per week.

Going to Galveston next month to hit the beaches and will hit a few banks along the way. :icon_sunny:

apush :read2:

Stop by the house on the way down to the beach.
Lots of cold beer here and good Mex food.
I'll educate you on the local banks.
Scoop up some of the Oil, it'll prove ya wus there if ya knows what means. :D
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

ob-

No oil here yet - wrong side of the gulf.
 
Re: Mr. & Mrs. Apush: Thursday Night Ritual

Thank goodness no oil--would have had to cancel those reservations!

I love beaches (coins more).

apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom