What's new

Mudlarking Trip Yields Coins and Gold!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2014
Messages
4,476
Reaction score
12,334
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday had some free time so hit the beach for a low tide hunt. This may sound a bit strange but I didn't bring a detector, just a gardening hoe and my trusty fire boots. Scraped the tidal line for a few hours to see what I could dig up. Must have calculated my theory just right because no sooner did I start tilling the ground before I was pulling Indian Head Cents, Wheat Cents, and old relics dating from the late 1800's to the early 1930's. Just lots of old pennies mostly - 26 of them by the end of the hunt! I was expecting some silver coins eventually but to my surprise I instead scraped up a 14k gold signet ring! Best part is when I saw the ring I took out my camera and recorded everything.



Fresh from the ground:
10202016 7.webp10202016 6.webp

Cleaned up:

10202016 5.webp10202016 4.webp

It is only 1.9 grams but heck I wasn't even expecting to find gold so it was a nice surprise!
10202016 3.webp10202016 2.webp

This is my first gold found with just a gardening hoe for a hunting tool. I later found a second ring but that one was just brass. Some other finds included a .50 caliber bullet, brass shell casings, a pair of old cuff links, a locket, and a whole manner of other old relics. All the finds are pictured here:
10202016 8.webp
 
Upvote 50
Gold sweet gold .You must have eyes like Eagle. Nice catch UM
 
Mudlarking New York and Brooklyn is almost better than the Thames. Lots of gold being washed out of the old dumps but detectors no good too much iron. As the Mayor of Dead Horse told me "go for the gold and don't never tell nobody nuttin"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom