cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All. I found this last week at an 1880's home. Second one of these I have found at two different sites.

There are several 1880's pat dates on the one pictured and the forked part says "V. S. No. 2" on it. Also there are some gradation like ridges that another smaller un-forked arm rode on. It's not magnetic, probably some kind of plated brass and is 2.00 X 1.25-IN.

I gotta say that I am stumped by this thing. Thanks for any ideas and good luck out there. C9

Attachments

• 6 TV10 120714 Whtzt2 Obv.jpg
    6 TV10 120714 Whtzt2 Obv.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 102
  • TV10 120714 Whtzt2 Rev.jpg
    TV10 120714 Whtzt2 Rev.jpg
    901.8 KB · Views: 94
OP
OP
cambria09

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Attachment for a sewing machine?

View attachment 1093616

Hello Charlie P. (NY). Dang! That is a close match and the numerous pat dates make sense too. I know there was a big legal battle associated with sewing machines back in the day, some kind of patent war between Singer and others.

Thanks very much for the reply and pic, you are probably right but I am gonna leave it unsolved for a bit. C9

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any time I put a question mark on my replys it is because I'm not positive myself.

There are billions and billions of parts for millions and millions of things. I'm never ashamed to admit I was wrong.

Good hunting!

Upvote 0

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
possibility ------ V. S. No 2 ... v s may stand for vibrating shuttle .. there were several models of the 27 series of Singer machines , starting with No 1 and going on and on .....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cambria09

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any time I put a question mark on my replys it is because I'm not positive myself.

There are billions and billions of parts for millions and millions of things. I'm never ashamed to admit I was wrong.

Good hunting!

No worries CPN. I was hoping for something more exciting but with your post and longcut's I gotta say "Sewing Machine Part" is correct. May the finds be with you. C9

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cambria09

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
possibility ------ V. S. No 2 ... v s may stand for vibrating shuttle .. there were several models of the 27 series of Singer machines , starting with No 1 and going on and on .....

Hello longcut. I googled "vibrating shuttle" and found the pic below associated with the Singer VS model sewing machines.

My piece has gotta be in there somewhere. With your and Charlie P. (NY)'s reply I gotta say time for this one to go home as "sewing machine part".

Thanks for the reply and good luck. C9

Singer.PuzzleBox[1].jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread