What's new

Musket Ball?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Does anyone think this is a half of a musket ball? ???
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0883.webp
    IMG_0883.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0884.webp
    IMG_0884.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0885.webp
    IMG_0885.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0886.webp
    IMG_0886.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 201
It looks like half of a musket ball. one was listed recently on here. why are people cutting there balls in half thats the question?
 
Upvote 0
I found one also and listed it on the site last month. The general consensus is that they are dum-dum bullets. They were deliberately scored so it would break in half on impact causing more damage. I guess you could call it a modern version of a hollow point bullet. They are a rare find. Here is the link to my original blog.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,270388.0.html
 
Upvote 0
Nice Trade and JimDon. I had no idea about this, make it a very special find now. :notworthy:
Thanks gents. :wink:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom