What's new

Musketball?

Recovering Relics

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
204
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
New England
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garret Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at an Indian Campsite. There were rocks everywhere, and I think that this is a musketball that hit of a rock and became deformed.
 

Attachments

  • Metal Detecting 3-19-2010 002.webp
    Metal Detecting 3-19-2010 002.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 194
Looks good as far as the shape but it's lacking a lot of that chalky white patina we see on aged lead. There is some present but it doesn't look as thick as others I've seen. Possibly a more modern muzzle loader?
 
Upvote 0
When I first picked it up it was really white and and I thought it was a rock, if you want to see it when it first came out watch this video, it's around 1:10 in the video.

 
Upvote 0
Ok, I watched the video. Good job! This is my WAG:
Because you found the lead on the ground, and modern clad near the surface, I believe it is a fairly recent muzzle loader round that should date to around the time of the most recent coin.
But as I said, WAG.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom