fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone, I have an MXT pro that I love. the problem is the weight is now starting to get to my damaged shoulder. (Old Military injury.) I am looking for something lighter. I guess my question is what can I get for it? It has about 1 year of warranty left. It has the 10 X 12 SEF coil (the only coil with it), a hardcase, a battery charger (the one that comes with the V3i) with the rechargeable battery and the penlight battery holder. Also there is an extra lower rod. Thanks for any information in advance! I know I am not a charter member and cannot sell anything here so I wont try and do that. Just curious what a fair price may be.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you like your machine, & ur used to it,& to me it sounds like you are, If its just a weight thing for $25,shipped to you, you can get a real easy harness called the original detecting buddy. I relic huntd last begining of the summer with my Atpro & my v3i 7 hours in If I could even make that my arm felt like it was gonna fall off. So i found that harness on eBay & it can be used on any machine hooks up un seconds & I got 5 different coils & a sunray probé on the v3i no matter which coil I had on it I could swing the machine with my pinky no issuer more then 8hrs like nothing no pain. It also hangs enough off the side it doesnt get in the way of you digging ur plugs either. My opinión & ive also seen other peoples to its an awesome must have

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd try anything to hang on to my MXT and for that cheap it would be worth a shot. HH

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill guarrantee ull be able to hunt more then 5 hours with that sef coil on ur machine anywhere no shoulder pain period once again its the original detecting buddy i got mine pretty quick off the eBay $25 really dont have anything to lose & I know ull end up keeping ur machine

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the MXT PRO as well with the 10x12 SEF coil and I love that combo. Have you tried to use your other arm? Also use of the arm strap on the forearm takes a lot of the weight off as well. But you do rely more on your shoulder so that may not be an option. Someone mentioned the strap and that may work for you. I do know that if you go to a lighter machine the problem is still there. A friend of mine had a shoulder injury and sold his machine for a lighter one and he found out that it did not solve his problem. He sold that machine and got another one like the one he sold because he really knew that machine. He just slowed his swing speed down, took breaks to rest his shoulder and understood that he just had to change the way he hunted. Worked well for him. Good luck. You have a great machine with a killer coil.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As mentioned above slowing down is better for those really deep targets anyway, I know its hard to do especially if you got a good site with those real old coins. I'm just not sure if I could give up my MXT even if I had to drag it around and I know I'd most likely shed a few tears. HH

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try shortening your shaft,keeping the coil closer to your feet and use your wrist to swing the detector. What I do with my ETrac when I get tired and shoulder begins to hurt.
gl
John

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
F

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all. I have decided to keep it. I tried to go to a d2 coil and believe it or not found that coil to be heavier than my SEF. Next coil I will get is going to be the 6 x 8 SEF. What helps is using the arm cuff. I didn't think It would but it does!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions