fyrffytr1
Gold Member
- Joined
- Mar 5, 2010
- Messages
- 7,742
- Reaction score
- 12,709
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Southwest Georgia
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus, White's DFX
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I officially retired for the third and last time today. After 56 years in the work force I felt it was time to give someone else a chance at a low paying/ hard work job!
I really wanted to stay two more years but back injuries from an OJT car wreck have finally gotten to be too much to handle.
I started work at the age of 12 with my parents signing a release so I could go to work at a car wash. I have worked one and two jobs at a time since then.
So, what can Y'all tell me about retirement?
I really wanted to stay two more years but back injuries from an OJT car wreck have finally gotten to be too much to handle.
I started work at the age of 12 with my parents signing a release so I could go to work at a car wash. I have worked one and two jobs at a time since then.
So, what can Y'all tell me about retirement?
? LOL My second year of full retirement.... I love it..... My poor wife has Alzheimers and and is in a nursing home because she needs 100% care... I go there every morning and feed her breakfast and take her for a tour of the place in her wheelchair. My afternoons, I tend to the grass / snow and then I detect. The fresh air and nature, gets my mind off my problems for awhile, finding relics and coins is a plus... like a few guys already said, the days go faster... When your working the days drag to the weekend.... basssmann I metal detect so much, I haven't had time to Bass fish, might have to change my name,,, lol






