What's new

My ace 250 and new to me tesoro

racer117

Full Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2009
Messages
156
Reaction score
107
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted last week of my garage sale find ,the Tesoro Deleon for 100.00. I have had my Ace 250 for several years. My Ace found me many small treasures,and had paid for itself 7 fold. Its a great machine ,which I plan to use from time to time . I have been out almost daily after work for an hour or two each night. As with the Ace there is a learning curve and I at age 44, am a studious new Tesoro student . Lesson 1 was all metal mode with threshold control makes my Fiskars digger virtually useless...its too short :). I know this is not a top of the line machine, but I can tell it is a totally different animal than the Ace. I kind of wish it had ground balance adjustment like my old 6000d had ,but hey,the soil here in south central Wi. is not that bad. I have not seen a whole lot of tips or info posted on this machine. I will post my experiences and any tips or tricks I learn. So far, I am really pleased with this machine.:)
 
glad to here you like it detecting is a lot of fun for being work at times...
 
IMHO the DeLeon is a much underated machine. It's very effective in mild to moderate soil, has surprisingly good depth and the TID is good as well. I really like mine. Ground balance capability for both the all metal and disc modes would make it near perfect IMO.
luvsdux
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom