My Artifacts From The Excavation Site/A Ft Ancient Village Site

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the past several years, going all the way back to 1995 when I found my first artifact there which was a nice Discoidal, I have been hunting a Ft Ancient village site and finding some very nice pieces. This site has been excavated numerous times, both professionally and by amateurs. I have even did a little digging around in some of the trash pits or middens on the site.

About 3 years ago a guy I know bought the site and began doing a dig of his own. He dug a ditch about 6 feet wide and 4 feet deep through one end of the site and began excavating on one side of the ditch and throwing the dirt behind him as he went. I got permission to surface hunt the piles after it rained and each time I went I found a few pieces. Most of what I found was broken or damaged because they were pieces that were coming from the middens, but occasionally I would find a really nice piece. The man digging this site didn't screen any of the dirt as he was excavating so he was missing quite a few pieces and as the rain washed down the piles more and more was becoming exposed for me to find.

Since he started his dig I have found close to 300 trayable artifacts including some very nice Beads of bone and shell, some nice Bone Tools, 6 Drilled Teeth, and a Pipe. I have posted a few of the items on here before in the past but I thought I would post everything that I have found there so far along with a few in situs of some of the better pieces. Hopefully PaleoJoe will see this and post some of his finds from here as well. He has quite a few killer pieces from this site including the double Drilled Tooth he just found.

First off I'll show a couple of pictures of the site so you can see what I'm talking about with the dirt piles we are looking through. Then I'll post some of the artifacts.

Attachments

• Fuert Site Finds (163).jpg
    Fuert Site Finds (163).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 414
  • Fuert Site Finds (164).jpg
    Fuert Site Finds (164).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 400
  • New Pics20.jpg
    New Pics20.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 408
  • Fuert Site Finds (45).jpg
    Fuert Site Finds (45).jpg