My best and favorite looking buffalo

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1763.jpg One year I happened to be in Long Beach, Ca. and we had been having some big storms. I parked my car and went to take a look at a section of beach I had pretty good luck at. They were moving sand from the back of the beach. There were these two huge trucks that sucked the sand up and they were taking about 2 feet of sand off the areas they were working. I ran back to my car and grabbed my detector. It was the best day I had ever had and the digging was easy. Got wheats, silver dimes, silver quarters, silver rings, and a nice ford token (no gold).

I had never found a buffalo and this beauty showed up in my scoop. Over the years I've found close to 30 of them and none look as good as this one. I love the detail, colors and it has a date.:thumbsup:

HH Randy

Last edited:
Upvote 4

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a nice dated buffalo. Lots of detail.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neat stories concerning them moving the sand and making it easier to find stuff. I wished you had pictures of the other finds to post.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Randy I see you got yourself an honest injun there detail shore is bold as the face on the injun himself,vanzutphen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread