What's new

My best day ever....or a huge disappointment.

obsessedwithsilver

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
547
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
On lunch today I bought a total of $215 in hand rolled dimes from two neighboring banks. I netted three nice Roosies which would have been good enough. But the big find was a 1942 over 1942 Mercury dime. I just about had a heart attack but I'm concerned it might be a fake. It seems a little too "thick" and the reeded edges are very sharp. It passes the magnet test but I'm just not sure. I'd love one of these (to sell). It's in VF or better.

Any suggestions tnet people?

OWS
 
Upvote 0
I know it's a typo. Is it a 42 over 41? Need a pic.
Gilbert
 
I'd have to see it, or a pic. Sometimes silver dimes do appear kinda thick though. I've found a couple of them that seem extra thick. Not even on dimes that people would try to make fakes either. So maybe it is real.
 
Re: My best day ever....or a huge disappointment. Correction

The coin is a 1942 over 1941. Any help would be appreciated.

OWS
 
obsessedwithsilver said:
Any suggestions tnet people?

OWS
Yeah, my suggestion is to post a PIC so the experts can weigh in on your find.
 
does it look like this..................
 

Attachments

  • 19421.webp
    19421.webp
    1.8 KB · Views: 260
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Keep my fingers crossed for you that it's the real thing. Nice score on the silver. Suggestion is to send it out to have it authenticated.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom