My best Fugio, some Fur Trade relics and a few early coppers.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haven't really posted since the season opened a few weeks ago. Being a community health care worker I'm constantly confronted to the crazy stuff happening right now and the detecting was a breath of fresh air for me in the last month.

Did a few pretty decent finds.

My Best Fugio cent. Didn't expect it to clean so well after seing it come out of the ground. The soil wasn't the best.

1a.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg

Did a couple of hunts at my Fur Trade site. Found the match for my mid 1700's buckle. Was at 10 feet away from the previous one, couldn't hear it with all the nails.

6.jpg7.jpg7a.jpg

A mystery early button. Not sure what it is: Trade button,some Dandy, livery or sportsman type. It has an image of a beaver on the log with some gold wash that survived with the text CANADA still present. Unfortunately the rest of the text is gone. If someone has an idea, please let me know.

3.jpg4.jpg

I know that the North-West Company (a competitor of Hudson Bay Company in fur trade) used the very similar image on their coins and medals. They even had a gentleman's club in Montreal called The Beaver Club for the most successful fur traders. Could be related.
unnamed.jpgExpFurBeaverClubMedal768X1024.jpg

An other fire striker with the maker's mark that looks like the Scottish coat of arms.

8.jpg9.jpg
10.jpg

Than an other one, of a different shape, with no maker's mark.

11.jpg

Two dozens of early coppers. Only some of the better ones are in the pic.

5.jpg

My only George IV halfpenny - 1823 almost mint

15.jpg16.jpg

A cut 1816 halfpenny token. Never seen them shaped in this way.

14.jpg

An other cut halfpenny, Wellington 1812. Not sure why it was done, probably boredom.

27.jpg

Good looking George III

12.jpg13.jpg

Some relatively modern finds from a Victorian field.

Civil War Connecticut button.

18.jpg

Masonic two piece button with some early 1800's tokens and IHP I found next to it.

17.jpg

Victorian hand engraved sterling ring.

20.jpg

Modern silver quarter Edward VII Usually they are in a worst shape.

23.jpg24.jpg

The closest I ever got to a gold coin...

21.jpg

A lead token with an imprint of 1837 Halfpenny

22.jpg

A few crotal bells and military D badge (probably for Dragoons)

19.jpg

Victorian Militia button from 1830's

20200411_112922.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

Upvote 64
What can I say Anton, except that you've yet again hit another home run with your finds my friend! :occasion14:
I think this pic say's it all!

Thank you so much for your service being a Community Health Care Worker during these difficult times as well! :notworthy:
I understand the COVID-19 situation in Quebec is more serious then anywhere else in Canada.

Dave

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 37
Wow. Great finds. Im drooling

truly fantastic....how about a back story too...I love a good yarn

Sorry, not much of the story behind. Just some finds from colonial sites. The Fur Trade site is in the forest, thus the good conservation of certain finds.

Wow, that would be an unbelievable year for any metal detector! This all from a few hunts? Crazy. Just crazy. Each picture is treasure. Congrats. I love seeing your posts

Soil conditions there are unbelievable, amazing condition of the finds!!

Some are in a good conservation state indeed, but unfortunately only a small portion of my coppers are in a similar condition.

Quality, quality, quality, quality...that's a grand slam. That button is phenomenal and I suspect really is something special. Good luck with your continued research!

Thanks man. Same to you and congratulations on the banner!

What can I say Anton, except that you've yet again hit another home run with your finds my friend! :occasion14:
I think this pic say's it all!

Thank you so much for your service being a Community Health Care Worker during these difficult times as well! :notworthy:
I understand the COVID-19 situation in Quebec is more serious then anywhere else in Canada.

Dave

Thank's Dave. Not the easiest of times but we'll get through it.

Wow, that would be an unbelievable year for any metal detector! This all from a few hunts? Crazy. Just crazy. Each picture is treasure. Congrats. I love seeing your posts

Thanks Rubka888.

Holy smokes amazing finds I would never come home maybe just to sleep once in a while if I found stuff like that...Thanks for sharing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back