My best Fugio, some Fur Trade relics and a few early coppers.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haven't really posted since the season opened a few weeks ago. Being a community health care worker I'm constantly confronted to the crazy stuff happening right now and the detecting was a breath of fresh air for me in the last month.

Did a few pretty decent finds.

My Best Fugio cent. Didn't expect it to clean so well after seing it come out of the ground. The soil wasn't the best.

1a.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg

Did a couple of hunts at my Fur Trade site. Found the match for my mid 1700's buckle. Was at 10 feet away from the previous one, couldn't hear it with all the nails.

6.jpg7.jpg7a.jpg

A mystery early button. Not sure what it is: Trade button,some Dandy, livery or sportsman type. It has an image of a beaver on the log with some gold wash that survived with the text CANADA still present. Unfortunately the rest of the text is gone. If someone has an idea, please let me know.

3.jpg4.jpg

I know that the North-West Company (a competitor of Hudson Bay Company in fur trade) used the very similar image on their coins and medals. They even had a gentleman's club in Montreal called The Beaver Club for the most successful fur traders. Could be related.
unnamed.jpgExpFurBeaverClubMedal768X1024.jpg

An other fire striker with the maker's mark that looks like the Scottish coat of arms.

8.jpg9.jpg
10.jpg

Than an other one, of a different shape, with no maker's mark.

11.jpg

Two dozens of early coppers. Only some of the better ones are in the pic.

5.jpg

My only George IV halfpenny - 1823 almost mint

15.jpg16.jpg

A cut 1816 halfpenny token. Never seen them shaped in this way.

14.jpg

An other cut halfpenny, Wellington 1812. Not sure why it was done, probably boredom.

27.jpg

Good looking George III

12.jpg13.jpg

Some relatively modern finds from a Victorian field.

Civil War Connecticut button.

18.jpg

Masonic two piece button with some early 1800's tokens and IHP I found next to it.

17.jpg

Victorian hand engraved sterling ring.

20.jpg

Modern silver quarter Edward VII Usually they are in a worst shape.

23.jpg24.jpg

The closest I ever got to a gold coin...

21.jpg

A lead token with an imprint of 1837 Halfpenny

22.jpg

A few crotal bells and military D badge (probably for Dragoons)

19.jpg

Victorian Militia button from 1830's

20200411_112922.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

Upvote 64
First of all, thank you for your dedication to the health and well being of others. Regarding your finds; that’s insane!!! That fugio is on my bucket list, I can’t believe the condition of the one that you found! Stay safe,

Mike

Killer fugio and George IV, the rest are pretty good too. Heck of a site you have. Congrats.

I would say your finds are much, much better than decent. I would consider anything shown amazing. Glad you were able to get out and get some detecting in. Stay safe.

Thanks mindcrime1988

truly fantastic....how about a back story too...I love a good yarn

Thank you for being on the front lines during all this craziness, glad you were able to get out. And get out you did, that's an amazing array of recoveries. Beautiful coppers and that Fugio is sweet, congrats

Thanks cheffer

Thanks man. I'm really curious to find out what type of button it is. I always considered the possibility it could be a patriotic button, but I've never seen any Canadian ones. Plus, I would think a Canadian patriotic button would have a British crown on it somewhere.
Its a very special find IMO

Well done Aureus! I'm always impressed with the quality of your finds, and today is no different....wow! You've got some seriously drool worthy items there.
I appreciate what you say about detecting being a breath of fresh air as we deal with this pandemic. I'm a clinical social worker providing support for menatlly ill adults living in group homes in the Greater Boston area. This has been beyond stressful for all involved, and getting out to do some detecting helps me to get through the day. Take care, be safe, and keep posting all those amazing coins and relics!

WOW is all I can say. Love the condition of some of those. That interlocked coin is wild too. Congrats overall on some incredible finds!!!

Aureus all I can say is wow another stunning post of excellent finds! Thanks for all you do to help people during this crazy time!

Outstanding series of hunts! :notworthy:

So much eye candy to look at I’m salivating.
That Beaver button is a great find too.
Fugio is in great shape.

Yes, big surprise for me,that coin didn't look that good coming out of the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back