What's new

My Best Penny Box Ever

Bank Runner

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
666
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Finally catalogued an unbelievable $25 penny box. I noticed many Wheats on the end of rolls, as soon as I opened the box. Things only got better from there. The total number of Wheats in the box was 210, a personal best. This slayed my former best box of 28 Wheats! :thumbsup: I was really wishing for an IHC or even a steel cent as this box went on, but it wasn't to be. The drought in halves is yielding returns in other denominations for me... By the way I am only doing 2-4 boxes (of pennies) a week, with 2 jobs and a 1 year-old, I am never going to be able to hang with most of you guys.

Sorry about no pics, I am having an interface problem with my camera.

HH,

Karl

Here is the breakdown for the number crunchers:
1911D-1
1912-1
1913-1
1916-1
1917-1
1918-1
1919-6
1920-1
1924-2
1925-2
1926-1
1927-1
1928-4
1929-2
1934-1
1935-4
1936-2
1937-2
1939-3
1940-9
1940D-1
1940S-1
1941-21
1941D-2
1942-7
1942D-1
1942S-1
1944-9
1944D-2
1945-12
1945D-1
1946-7
1946D-1
1947-1
1947D-1
1947S-1
1948-9
1948D-3
1949-3
1949D-1
1950-1
1950D-1
1950S-1
1951-4
1951D-10
1952-3
1952D-1
1953-1
1953D-5
1954D-4
1955-2
1955D-9
1956-5
1956D-10
1957-5
1957D-6
1958-6
1958D-3
 

Attachments

  • Coin finds 4-09-09 002.webp
    Coin finds 4-09-09 002.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 261
  • Coin finds 4-09-09 003.webp
    Coin finds 4-09-09 003.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0
Bank Runner said:
I am never going to be able to hang with most of you guys.

Congrats on an unbelievable box. I have searched over 400 penny boxes this year and 179 is my best box ever. You were probably referring to me about being able to hang with, I am not a normal CRHer(well none of us are normal :tongue3:) I do not work and spend A LOT of time searching. I have a great source bank and a great dump bank. That is a MAJOR key to the quantity being done. Without those two things working in my network I would fail.

DO NOT JUDGE YOUR ACCOMBLISHMENTS ON THE RESULTS OF OTHERS, this is a hobby that as long as you enjoy the hunt that is the key, everything else is just a bonus.

Great job and keep up the good work,
Jason
 
OMG, I would be jumping up and down if I got a box like that. Thanks for sharing.
 
I am so jealous! :thumbsup:
 
Looks like a complete collection or pert near complete......... Congratulations.

Mojo
 
Wow, excellent score. :thumbsup:
I have never had a penny box like that. I would be doing the happy dance.
 
Awesome box - congrats!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Awesome box! WTG :thumbsup:
 
Karl,

You can always hang with me! Nice box and keep up the good work.
 
Looks like you are hanging with us right now Karl. Good job man! Amaizing finds

Golden Silver
 
I'm still looking for that box of 210 wheats. Or that box of 28 wheats too. LOL.

Cool. Great job. persistence pays off. :-) COngrtulations.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom