My Buddy And I Each Got A Gold Coin Today

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Out gold coin shopping today with my buddy. Each year, I go out and treat myself to a gold coin, using the money I find metal detecting to subsidize it. Been doing it for many years. It goes into a storage box at the bank and the coins will be gifted to my kids when my days are done. I purchased the Canada 2012 Cariboo Gold Rush Panning Sluice with Camel. Camels you say?

In 1862, an enterprising local merchant, Frank Laumeister, having learned that the United States government had successfully used camels for transport in Texas, Arizona, and California, brought 21 camels to carry loads through the Fraser River canyon to the Cariboo region. People mistakenly believed camels could work without water for days on end and travel unprecedented distances with massive loads. Unfortunately, the camels carried rather standard loads for rather standard distances. Their desert-evolved feet could not withstand British Columbia's treacherous mountain terrain.

DSC_0161 (2).JPG
My buddy purchased a gold British Sovereign. It's a very collectible coin and was used as legal tender back in the day. Wealthy people often carried several of these in their wallets.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to get some Gold John!

OH..POPS

Dec 18, 2021
Medway Ohio
Detector(s) used
Pops old one
Garrett Ace 400
Bounty Hunter
Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love your idea of gifting them down the line to the kids.
Great find guys

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very very nice...and great way to fund your purchase!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread