Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So...it's snowing like blue blazes. I have an auxiliary propane heater in the kitchen to knock the chill off. The one big Maine Coon cat saunters by it and brushes his tail right in the flame area, and grate or no grate, with that long fur if I wasn't watching I might have had cat flambe! He is very sweet, but not very bright. Good thing he doesn't have his own credit card.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Years ago we had a KeroSun heater in the living room and one day it was on and the young cat who was used to hopping up on when it was not it learned a fierce, smelly, and painful lesson. All four paws burned badly.

Poor Chowder.

We had a big, galoot Maine Coon as well. I miss him badly. He was a gentle soul and a good friend. Spent weekends and vacations with us on our boat. His paws were as wide as three of my fingers!

CB7E20DF-8E15-4902-8BC0-E7FE77A2C466_1_201_a.jpeg
949038EA-C32B-4896-AE44-12C6715C44AF.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My boy tonight was totally oblivious to its existence. That's why I have to always babysit them.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smoker, my friend, I do not how to tell you this, but, the reason that your cat is not too smart because he is a rebel without a cause. It is a well know fact that Yankees cats, including my true love Tippy, born and raise in the great state of Connecticut in Yankee lands are smarter then Rebel cats who are not smart enough from getting burned. Tippy is so smart like all Yankees cats, is that she graduated from Yale Law School that she is a practice attorney who defended me many times in court and we always won. That is smart. I hope that your cat is not a member here or I may be ban again for insulting a member.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie P., your cat and mine look almost identical. Honest, my cat's momma was born in Maryland and his pa was born in Virginia, so he's a Southern boy! He's just called a Maine Coon cat. I can hardly pick him up. He is going to be 13 in February which is ancient for the breed.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If Yankee cats are so smart how come they haven't latched on to an owner who is smart enough to live where it doesn't snow? Duh!!!:laughing7:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It---snowed---here...

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love cats. Years ago though I had a friend with an all white cat that must have been a few cards short of a deck. This cat liked to lie on the stove top when it was cold due to the heat of the pilot lights. Silly cat would sometimes move it's tail into one of the pilot lights and just sit there and meow but wasn't smart enough to simply remove it's tail from the flame. Burning fur smelled awful but he did it more than once. I always pitied that little white cat.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my guy is sitting right next to me right now. He's very old for a Maine Coon, and likes being with me most now.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the God honest truth I was off today and the temperature was in the 40s and I couldn’t take it. I realized that I could metal detect in 100° weather and sweating buckets better than that cold that hits me in my bones. I know some of you were saying 40s that’s not anything well it is for us down here.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's 21 here right now. Tomorrow night a balmy 16.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread