My Daily "Moneywalk"....It Keeps On Paying!

Indianhead Jones

Jul 28, 2008
Revere, Massachusetts (5 Miles North of Boston)
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum/White's Eagle II
My Daily "Moneywalk"....It Keeps On Paying!

Hi Everyone,

Well, it's a 6-block daily walk on the main street in my hometown...good exercise, fresh air, and money!

The street is lined with sub shops, convenience stores, liquor stores, banks, etc. etc. On average, I find money on the sidewalks or in the gutters on 6 walks out of ten...a lot of $1.00 bills, but plenty of 5's 10's and 20's. My total in bills from Jan. 1, 2009 to Dec. 31, 2009 was a sweet $902.00!

My largest haul was $80.00 in twentys in the gutter in front of a beauty\nail place, and second largest was $36.00 on the sidewalk at a bus stop. I don't keep tabs on change, but I've picked up a ton of it...not to mention gold and silver earrings and the like.

Three days ago, I was heading to my bank's ATM, and I hadn't spotted any treasure so far, and thought I was going to get skunked....but....when I entered the little ATM kiosk, a crisp $20.00 bill was lying in the receive tray! And 4 days ago, I again took my moneywalk and in a convenience store to buy milk, I had to pass their ATM machine, where, on the floor right in front of it, was another $20.00 bill!

If you walk outdoors on a regular basis, pay attention and look d-o-w-n...it pays off for me time and time again.

Happy hunting everyone!

Larry G.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My Daily "Moneywalk"....It Keeps On Paying!

I do the same thing...not so many bills, but a good chunk of coins and occasional gold and silver

HH
-GC

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250

sounds like you have a treasure trail there just think what your total would be if you keep track of the change i just posted about the car wash finds my son and i hit them to find the droped money .My eight year old ask me way people leave money on the ground when we are in a recession and this from a kid . maybe we need to teach people more about the value of money. :headbang: happy hunting ron

OP
OP
Indianhead Jones

Indianhead Jones

Jul 28, 2008
Detector(s) used

gold eye said:
sounds like you have a treasure trail there just think what your total would be if you keep track of the change i just posted about the car wash finds my son and i hit them to find the droped money .My eight year old ask me way people leave money on the ground when we are in a recession and this from a kid . maybe we need to teach people more about the value of money. :headbang: happy hunting ron

Sounds like your son has a good head start on life!

Larry G.

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used

My son is always looking for money he is like a human md he has me buy stock for him this year he found a hunderd dollar bill on the ground change all the time a 1919 penney in a store i just love him so much. huppy huntng ron

OP
OP
Indianhead Jones

Indianhead Jones

Jul 28, 2008
Detector(s) used

goldencoin said:
I do the same thing...not so many bills, but a good chunk of coins and occasional gold and silver

HH
-GC

Hi Goldencoin,

Well, I don't really understand it, but the bills are there for the finding most of the time....and my question is: If I'm finding that many bills on a regular basis, how much more are others finding in my hunting spots as well??

Larry G.

OP
OP
Indianhead Jones

Indianhead Jones

Jul 28, 2008
Detector(s) used

gold eye said:
My son is always looking for money he is like a human md he has me buy stock for him this year he found a hunderd dollar bill on the ground change all the time a 1919 penney in a store i just love him so much. huppy huntng ron

He sounds like a very special little guy, Ron!

Larry G.

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used

He is a great little kid he is getting his first md ace 250 for his birthday in march i know he will be surprised . we love to hunt together we also hit the car wash to pick up the change people drop. It sometimes amazes me the amount of money people drop and don't pick it up but i will pick it up for them.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hope that if you pass any vacant lots or parking lots with chainlink fences you spend a minute to see what the wind has piled up against it along with the other trash & candy wrappers. I used to hit two at my job at least three times a week. More fun that going to the bank!!!!

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008

I have often wondered if I could train my dog to
find and retrieve paper money. Anyone ever tried it?

OP
OP
Indianhead Jones

Indianhead Jones

Jul 28, 2008
Detector(s) used

pronghorn said:
I have often wondered if I could train my dog to
find and retrieve paper money. Anyone ever tried it?

Hey Pronghorn,

Yes, it's indeed possible. Dogs have been trained to sniff out paper money.

Years ago, I was a member of a treasure club, and one of our members did just that with his dog (don't remember which breed it was) and whenever he went metal detecting in the woods, he brought his dog...had him sniff some paper money, and the dog would bound off into the woods searching.

The member told us that on many occasions, the dog would return with paper money, some new, and some that had been there for quite some time. The dog also brought back a number of leather wallets that he had sniffed out as well, and again, some of them had been lying in the woods for years!

True story....the man brought in a display at one of the meetings, with paper money and the wallets that the dog had recovered!

Larry G. :)

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Wow, Larry. You could live off of that ::) I always scan the ground when I walk as well. I pay close attention in large parking lots, especially near the curb or grass down wind from all of the parking. People are careless with their money or too drunk to realize :laughing7: There is a wal-mart super center here in town. It is next to an empty field. That's where I do my walking. Haven't done as well as you have, though

OP
OP
Indianhead Jones

Indianhead Jones

Jul 28, 2008
Detector(s) used

crazyjarhead said:
Wow, Larry. You could live off of that ::) I always scan the ground when I walk as well. I pay close attention in large parking lots, especially near the curb or grass down wind from all of the parking. People are careless with their money or too drunk to realize :laughing7: There is a wal-mart super center here in town. It is next to an empty field. That's where I do my walking. Haven't done as well as you have, though

You and I are on the same page, Crazy....I always scan the parking areas at Walmart, and the other large stores, especially supermarkets. And, like you, I look for the downwind treasures that others overlook....any area where paper debris piles up!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Indianhead Jones said:
crazyjarhead said:

You and I are on the same page, Crazy....I always scan the parking areas at Walmart, and the other large stores, especially supermarkets. And, like you, I look for the downwind treasures that others overlook....any area where paper debris piles up!

I was in Jacksonville Fl. a few years at a pilot truckstop. While I checking my load out on my trailer I found a bunch of money laying all over the grass. About 60 bucks worth in various denominations.

OP
OP
Indianhead Jones

Indianhead Jones

Jul 28, 2008
Detector(s) used

crazyjarhead said:
Indianhead Jones said:
crazyjarhead said:

I was in Jacksonville Fl. a few years at a pilot truckstop. While I checking my load out on my trailer I found a bunch of money laying all over the grass. About 60 bucks worth in various denominations.

Nice haul! It's where you find it, Crazy....I have a story in this forum about finding a U.S. $100 bill in downtown Naples, Italy in the wee early morning hours, just lying on the sidewalk! This was in 1973, when I was stationed there in the Navy.

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow! Almost a grand! You're good, you have an eye for the greenbacks. Just think of all the dough just laying around out there that'll never be found.

OP
OP
Indianhead Jones

Indianhead Jones

Jul 28, 2008
Detector(s) used

Damon64 said:
Wow! Almost a grand! You're good, you have an eye for the greenbacks. Just think of all the dough just laying around out there that'll never be found.

True, Damon! I sometimes wonder how much of it makes it's way into the sewers, or gets scooped up by the street cleaners!

riverdiver

Sep 27, 2011
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic5 ID
White's Surf Master II with the dive rod
Garrett Treasure Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I met my Grandfather on my Dads side in 1972 on a trip to England, I was 6 years old. My Grandfather gave me some sage advice on that trip, he said " A man that looks down while walking will never be broke" I went back home to So-Cal and started looking for money at age 6 and I have never been broke. The volume varies each year but I find money every time I go for a walk, be it across the street at work or while exercising at the local HS. Yesterday during my 3 mile track walk at the local HS it was 6 pennies, 1 nickle and two sterling earrings. Snow banks are a hoot in the wintertime, I check all of them at store parking lots as the plows shove all of the lost items to the sides of the parking lots and right into my hands...when that same snow melts I walk the debris laden areas and pick up all of the coins and jewelery. My son Jon nd I are in constant competition to beat each other on a daily basis, he holds his own at the High School. One of our mutual favorite times to "look" for money is at the local lake beaches after a strong summer/fall rain storm as the loose sand washes away leaving the coins high and dry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions