What's new

My Early Christmas Present a Confederate Cannonball

outtair

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spanish Fort, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70, Tesoro Cibola
Hunted in the backyard of an old couple who have lived at this house in Spanish Fort since 1960. This yard was on the Confederate Side of the position of the 7th Massachusetts Battery at the siege of Spanish fort April 1865. First time I had been in her yard, found several trash items and got a stong relic/copper/zinc sounding, kept enlarging the hole and I got that wonderful sound/feel of shovel hitting something big and steel. My Christmas came early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hunted alittle more but had to come home and start cleaning. I see a hole after soaking and hope it was a wooden fuse or a fuse that will allows cleaning out the powder. Will keep you posted with finnished product.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0089.webp
    IMG_0089.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,001
Upvote 0
incajoe said:
Congrats on a great find!

I have a question though, if you found it on the Confederate side wouldn't that mean that it is probably a Union cannonball? One that was fired by the Union and landed on the Confederate side.... ???

That certainly could be, or it may have been left behind.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom