My ex wont leave me alone.

Re: My 'ex' won't leave me alone.

Or do you have call block ? If not maybe get it or if you don't or can't afford it call phone company right after she calls and have themblock that last # and then do that with each # if she calls from different ones :dontknow:

So how are things has she called lately?

You can always look at the bright side of things,you could have been married and divorced with children! I think if you change your # that will be a start.Get an answering machine so you can here who is calling you before you pick up.After some time has gone by she will get tired or she will meet someone else.HEY!! i have a thought! I will trade my Bipolar psycho ex wife for your not so crazy ex girlfriend,OH i get to keep my kids.

You might check if recording your phone calls is legal in your state,both on cell and answering machine.Start documenting everything.If you do need to get a restraining order you will be able to prove harassment.You can get a small tape recorder that will plug into your earphone plug on your cell phone,not positive but i think it has to be a certain type of recorder to be legal.

The simplest and easiest thing is to answer the phone, tell her rightaway to "hang on a minute", put the phone down and walk away. If it's a land line, you'll here the loud tone sound when she gets tired of waiting and hangs up. If it's a cell phone, just turn it off after about 5 minutes or so. She'll get tired of listening to a "dead" line each time she calls and will stop doing it. (maybe, ;D )
Anyway, that will relieve you from listening to her talking her trash and not cost you anything.

Some woman aren't happy unless they see a man dangling. That's what she's doing with you; you are on the end of her line, and she's pulling the string.
Personally, I've always tried to remain friends with my Ex's. They are kind decent people, and for one reason or another, it just didn't work out between us. And yes, they can push my buttons on occasion. I'm sure they would say the same about me.

We had a person in our life like that (30+ years ) - when it stops, I'll let you know.

This is not a person who wants to be a friend. This is a person who either figures she screwed up by letting you go, OR, thinks that you are a person who she can affect when she snaps her fingers (or dials the phone).

Reacting with attitude of some type will satisfy both needs. Obviously - she still has an effect on you, and she knows it - and wants that.

Your best bet (assuming she isn't a maniacal stalker), is to not react at all. Treat her like you would any stranger that you come across who is speaking to you. (this is assuming you REALLY want her to stop, and this isn't feeding YOUR ego).

Changing your phone number isn't really a help - there are lots of places to get your new number. Online places will find them and give them out for a nominal fee. Telling her something might happen certainly isn't going to discourage her.

First - you really need to get over her (no - you're not yet). Secondly, act like it. No emotion, no anger, no nothing. (she'll probably say you are being awfully 'cold').

None of this stopped our 'person', but the calls have gotten a few years apart instead of a few weeks/months apart.

B

PS - Beware of family members trying to 'help'.

I think Someone likes the attention of her still calling :dontknow:. A phone call that you said you stop shortly each time,results to you telling her that you can't come over because it will lead to other things :o and than you check out a website that deals with counseling :lovestory:. It sure is alot to go through when you wished she would stop calling.
I think you are looking for advice on which direction you need to take your life and tnet members are your support group. :lurk:
I say if you still have feelings for her,that you give each other another chance and if it doesn't work than you both will know it wasn't meant to be. :BangHead:
Whatever the case, once you figure out that you really don't want to accept her calls anymore,this will all be a passed memory. :icon_sunny:

Nova Treasure

nova treasure said:
I think Someone likes the attention of her still calling :dontknow:. A phone call that you said you stop shortly each time,results to you telling her that you can't come over because it will lead to other things :o and than you check out a website that deals with counseling :lovestory:. It sure is alot to go through when you wished she would stop calling.
I think you are looking for advice on which direction you need to take your life and tnet members are your support group. :lurk:
I say if you still have feelings for her,that you give each other another chance and if it doesn't work than you both will know it wasn't meant to be. :BangHead:
Whatever the case, once you figure out that you really don't want to accept her calls anymore,this will all be a passed memory. :icon_sunny:

Nova Treasure
I tried this once and all it did was cost me a a lot of head aches and a TON OF MONEY!!! Don't do it!!

jog said:
nova treasure said:

Nova Treasure
I tried this once and all it did was cost me a a lot of head aches and a TON OF MONEY!!! Don't do it!!

That sounds like a marriage to me :laughing7:

Nova Treasure

nova treasure said:
jog said:
nova treasure said:

Nova Treasure

Nova Treasure

nova!!!

K*E*L*L*Y said:
nova treasure said:
jog said:
nova treasure said:

Nova Treasure

Nova Treasure

nova!!!

Oh I know, but I miss watching the Daytime Soaps.

you make me laugh nova! u rock

K*E*L*L*Y said:
you make me laugh nova! u rock

Attachments

• rockon.gif
    rockon.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 203

how about taking up metal detecting as a hobby, and leave your phone at home, :laughing7:

nova treasure said:

Nova Treasure

Very thoughtfull. And thank you. However recently, I've since had it up to my gills and used every curse word I could use toward her. Hopefully she will stop now.

plehbah said:
Has anybody asked yet whether or not your "ex" is hot ?

Given the fact that she will never appear on hear, ever... perhaps I will show her photo. She's a really pretty women, but a major bithc (hope that curse word doesn't get me canned). Let me know if your interested. we'll wait, never mind, I really don't want to go searching her images off the web.....

mikeofaustin said:
plehbah said:
Has anybody asked yet whether or not your "ex" is hot ?
and here she is...........

quite the tart... wouldn't you agree,.????

Attachments

• Evil.GIF
    Evil.GIF
    18.2 KB · Views: 188

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back