My Finds Since Starting Detecting in November, and a poll question...

What Machine do you think has produced the most keeper finds for me in my soil conditions?

• My DFX (Used for 5 Months)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Minelab SE (Used for 5 Months)

• I am going to Vote for Whites anyway, regardless of the fact presented.

• Total voters

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
titan said:
after reading all that i'm tired, but the jist is different strokes (swings) for different folk's and soil is different everywhere you go and that does effect the detectors, but if you know your detector and can adjust the settings to get what you are huntin' for be it clad, colonials or silver, isn't that what really matter's?? storm i do agree that location, location location has alooottt to do with it also. i am interested in seeing the results of ya'lls friendly feud. happy huntin' no matter what you swing!! titan ::) :-X ;D
p.s. i'm new to the hobby and i bought a whites prizm 4 and so far i'm pleased but i have no comparison

That is a great machine. I almost bought one but I got a good deal on my Deleon and that is what I ended up with.

GeorgiaFlutterby

Aug 6, 2007
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
KirkPA said:
Thanks Kas for posting the 70th. Just remember dudes who post the 69th, this is a family forum. :D

And how does this comment add to or enlighten anyone reading this thread? It is often better to keep ones mouth closed and let others wonder about their ignorance than to open their mouth and remove all doubt. You are absolutely right this is a family forum and this example of a childish sexual innuendo definitely shows a level of immaturity and vulgarity that has no place on this website. If the show is not to your liking, change the channel, don't sink to perversity. If you wanna argue, argue....but keep it clean, dude.

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Well well well.....I don't spend tons of time on T-net....I don't turn the computer on just to read "Hot Headed" threads. Except for today per recommendation of a fellow T-hunter! Wow, lots of typing little resolution.
People out there know me though and they've seen my finds with my DFX. Although not posted in picture for everyone to see. My choice though right? I hunted Washington state( as mineralized as Oregon) while stationed there in the Army....I have tons of finds to show for it and all with the DFX. Joined the Club there in Tacoma, brought some finds in that were exceptional and people doubted me cause they said those areas no longer produce cause we've hunted them since WWII (LOL)! No Colonials like the PA guy but the flavor of coast line is not the same in the West am I right? No doubt we see that you've chosen your only love, but does voting and debating a machine make you the thread champ. I guess for for you yes but who gives a bent wheaties ass. Doesn't make me respect the fact that this thread is long winded and old.
My last word.......Bring your Minelab to Missouri and I'll even help you dig. Oh, and bring a big shovel or Backhoe. You'll need it.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
ridge_runner said:
Well well well.....I don't spend tons of time on T-net....I don't turn the computer on just to read "Hot Headed" threads. Except for today per recommendation of a fellow T-hunter! Wow, lots of typing little resolution.
People out there know me though and they've seen my finds with my DFX. Although not posted in picture for everyone to see. My choice though right? I hunted Washington state( as mineralized as Oregon) while stationed there in the Army....I have tons of finds to show for it and all with the DFX. Joined the Club there in Tacoma, brought some finds in that were exceptional and people doubted me cause they said those areas no longer produce cause we've hunted them since WWII (LOL)! No Colonials like the PA guy but the flavor of coast line is not the same in the West am I right? No doubt we see that you've chosen your only love, but does voting and debating a machine make you the thread champ. I guess for for you yes but who gives a bent wheaties ass. Doesn't make me respect the fact that this thread is long winded and old.
My last word.......Bring your Minelab to Missouri and I'll even help you dig. Oh, and bring a big shovel or Backhoe. You'll need it.

So you are saying the dfx can perform in heavy mineralized soil...sounds good...glad to hear someone has their dfx working properly! :)

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
The proof is in the pudding!!!I had to vote for minelab.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
This post is getting old...I've had both and I have now what I like and want and since its my money I could care less about polls. Both brand loyal people here post negative crap and for the life of me I can't figure it out. I dig deep, and know ANY other top of the line detector digs deep. The thing is people like to get on others nerves and for whatever reason they think most on TNet actually like this crap. Maybe they need a place to brag, to snipe, to show they outdid someone. Post your finds, tell your story. If you are Minelab user and find something a Whites user couldn't find and post it, have the Whites guys stop crying. If you have a Whites and find something post it and say a Minelab couldn't find it, have the Minelab guys stop crying. I dig for my pleasure and am hobby loyal. when you are brand loyal you are missing out on another detector that could help you enjoy this hobby more and increase your finds. Kirk finds colonial coppers but don't see him finding the gold they find on the west, guys on the west find more silver dollars and gold but don't find them finding the colonial coins. People on the beach find a TON of gold, platinum , and silver rings that very few not on a beach find. I'm in the middle and all I have is crap, but I enjoy finding my crap and could care less which machine I use as long as I'm enjoying myself. Personally if you are "brand loyal" then you could be missing out on better finds, once you close your options and not try to expand. Just too many good brands out there that could be helpful. I like my Garrett just as much as my Minelab, liked my XLT but hated the DFX, you don't see me saying how bad the DFX is, just know it wasn't to MY liking. Doesn't matter, last time I check this post out anyways, liked the pics, just not the crap in the thread!!

OP
OP
Stormtrooper154

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
ridge_runner said:
Well well well.....I don't spend tons of time on T-net....I don't turn the computer on just to read "Hot Headed" threads.  Except for today per recommendation of a fellow T-hunter!  Wow, lots of typing little resolution.
  People out there know me though and they've seen my finds with my DFX.  Although not posted in picture for everyone to see.  My choice though right?  I hunted Washington state( as mineralized as Oregon) while stationed there in the Army....I have tons of finds to show for it and all with the DFX.  Joined the Club there in Tacoma, brought some finds in that were exceptional and people doubted me cause they said those areas no longer produce cause we've hunted them since WWII (LOL)!  No Colonials like the PA guy but the flavor of coast line is not the same in the West am I right?  No doubt we see that you've chosen your only love, but does voting and debating a machine make you the thread champ.  I guess for for you yes but who gives a bent wheaties ass.  Doesn't make me respect the fact that this thread is long winded and old.
  My last word.......Bring your Minelab to Missouri and I'll even help you dig.  Oh, and bring a big shovel or Backhoe.  You'll need it.

Sorry, I lived in Puyallup, WA....Right behind Ft. Lewis....Ground isn't even close to being the same. If you are sick of reading the post, Then stop reading it!  Don't waste your time on it! I posted the find to show people my comparison of the 2 different machine.....if you cant accept that, go pound sand, Pvt.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Stormtrooper154 said:
KirkPA said:
Stormtrooper154 said:
True dat, but I wouldn't mind datectin' along the Oregon riverbanks. There are Colonials to be found.

Yes Kirk, you are right. There are so many Colonial Coppa's Here in Oregon that we need you to come out here and find them because no one else is good enough to locate them.

I would show you Oregonian dudes how it is done...with a White's! ;

Come on out my brother. I will challenge you to it. I will front your airfair out here and I will put you up in a place to stay. You have one straight week to hunt Oregon, being watched like a hawk, keeping this on the up and up. You pull a colonial coin and I will pay for your stay and your round trip here, you can have my Minelab, and I will publicly hale you as the king of metal detecting. Heck, I will even help you research the state for the oldest parts.

If you don't pull a colonial, you reimburse me for all expenses, leave your machine here with me (I need a new doorstop), and you apologize to every member of Tnet on the west coast for making statement that you couldn't back up.

Sounds fair to me! Thats really unfair to challenge him to come to Oregon to find a Colonial coin. I have already found all the Colonial coins in Oregon with my Whites detector. He does not have a chance of finding one now. Maybe you could challenge him to finding pulltabs or nails. Whoever finds the most junk wins. Quit being silly.
Dman

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
I guess I got the rise I expected. Proofs in the post!!!!! Glad that Stormy is Patriotic. Know's the beginning of the rank structure anyhow. I'll contiue to pound sand for Uncle Sam meanwhile you continue this thread so more of us can be turned off by your senseless attempts at argument.
My last transmission Seargent, Receiving fire from GENERAL DISCUSSION, PERMISSION TO CALL FOR FIRE.....TARGET AQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!! O-R-E-G-O-N. Over and out!!!

OP
OP
Stormtrooper154

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
ridge_runner said:
  I guess I got the rise I expected.  Proofs in the post!!!!!  Glad that Stormy is Patriotic. Know's the beginning of the rank structure anyhow.  I'll contiue to pound sand for Uncle Sam meanwhile you continue this thread so more of us can be turned off by your senseless attempts at argument. 
  My last transmission Seargent, Receiving fire from GENERAL DISCUSSION, PERMISSION TO CALL FOR FIRE.....TARGET AQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!  O-R-E-G-O-N.  Over and out!!!

I learned a lot about the Army in the 6 years I spent in it.  Hooah!  ;D

Thank you for your service!  The only reason I posted "Pound Sand" is because I knew you would understand it. 

As for my "senseless attempts at argument", I posted my results from my equal time on 2 different machines.  After reading through my post, it is clear that I no where said that Mine was Better then yours!  I said here is the evidence, I will let you be the judge on what machine you think works better for me. 

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread