What's new

✅ SOLVED My first bale seal. How can figure it out?

ToastedWheatie

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
534
Reaction score
750
Golden Thread
1
Location
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
800
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found in NY state.
At first I saw the image of a fish. Maybe I still do.
But through the loupe I see the fish"s eye is the bottom of an S followed by a T.

Anyone recognize this one?
20190707_200827.webp
Company, product. Or date range?20190707_195131.webp20190707_195135.webp20190707_195144.webp20190707_195203.webp20190707_195452.webp
 
Last edited:
I knew as soon as I posted this, I finally stumble on the answer elsewhere.

Found this online:

bale.webp

This looks close enough for me. Fertilizer from Stassfurt Germany. Lepoldshall is a village there.

they found a potash mine in 1861 and exported an S&^% load to U.S.

That works!

thanks for the help!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom