My first Barber dime!

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally after after digging the better part of a pound of silver (coins, and sterling) I went walking up an old road threw the woods thats now just a fourwheeler trail. I don't really even know what was there its just close to where i found some of my civil war relics. I saw a place where a trail shot off the main part of the old road up onto a small flat spot with a bunch of small trees and bang, I finally landed my first silver barber coin and only coin of the day. Why the barbers have been so elusive is beyond my understanding, but this week has been my best week of treasure hunting since I started a year and a half ago.
tmp_18213-2017-02-26 21.53.31-320414148.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 31
Nice find! Did you have your son with you?
You are having a hell of a week!
I hope I can get a week like yours out there soon.

My first silver coin was a 1900 barber dime hunting at an old school with my son.
I can't read without glasses and he told me 1900. I kept asking him are you sure?
It was right next to a huge oak and I didn't get a clear hit. Almost didn't dig.

Anyway isn't fun to wonder how long that coin has been sitting there waiting for
you to dig it? Has that coin been sitting for 110 years or 50 years....
Maybe it was some kids allowance back in 1910 and he was headed to the store
to get some candy. Back in the good ole days when you could get more candy then you
can eat for 10 cents,

Hope you find a bunch more!
Mike

Congratulations on the first barber dime!

Congrats on your first Barber - hope there's many more in store for you!

-- Jeff --

Congrats on your first Barber. A first of anything is always a great day.

Congratulations on the Barber! My very first silver, and one of my first coins, was a 1894 Barber dime.

Congrats on your first Barber, I can feel your excitement.

Congrats on ur 1st barber , my first ever silver coin was 1906 barber after 1yr and half of md

Congrats on your Barber dime Icewing!

I just found my first Barber dime a few weeks ago, at the beach in the dry sand. I was surprised, I usually don't find old coins there, but it was 1900, worn, but not bad condition. Congratulations !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back