my first big silver

Fishenfool

Feb 28, 2008
Salem, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, V3, BH
My wife does in home care for a few older ladies and one of them said I could hunt her property. She says the house is about 90 years old. So I spent about 2 hours there while my wife was doing some house cleaning. Been hunting about 10 minutes when I got a good quarter signal at 7 inches. Couldnt hardly beleive it when I seen this half dollar laying there in the hole looking so pretty. Also found 8 wheats, 1 buffalo cant read the date, a 64 rosie, and an old sterling ring. Also some clad and various junk.

Thanks for looking
Ray

Attachments

• old house 001.JPG
    old house 001.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 842
  • 2008-11-15 old house001.jpg
    2008-11-15 old house001.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 833
  • 2008-11-15 old house.jpg
    2008-11-15 old house.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 834
Upvote 0
Nice finds, congrats on the first big silver. Congrats on the rest including the ring which looks nice too :thumbsup:
HH
Glenn

Way to dig. Love those walkers. Makes the coins we carry look like s//t. HH. JYD

Nice half !! I dug my first big silver only a few weeks ago. Mine was a 1936.

Keep searching, I bet there is more.

VPR

Nice bunch of coins and the walking liberty half is a great find since I've only found one myself 1917.

Wow Ray! That's a sweet find there! I love digging those bog ol' Silver coins! WOOHOO!!!!!

WTG!
Sweet Walker!

I've found two myself this year. Sure gets your blood up, don't it?
Hard to beat the rush of finding big silver in a hole.

Congrats! Sounds like you've got a great place to hunt. Take it nice and slow, pull out trash, and pile up the coins!

HH
Mark

Nice Walker!! Heres an ATA-BOY for your first! I believe my first half was a walker and i think it was dated real close to yours! 8)

You did good. Congrats on a great hunt. :thumbsup:

Nice Find Ray!!! Walkers that have been in circulation generally have a weak strike. I have found a few relic hunting and the dates are GONE. You found a good one!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back