What's new

My first Buffalo Nickels

999digger

Full Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Yesterday I did a box of nickels. At first it seemed to be a very bad box but that changed fast. Here is what i got.
1936 Buffalo
1921 Buffalo
1945-P War Nickel
25 Pre 1960 nickels: 9 from the 1940s, 16 from the 1950s
These are the first buffalos I have ever got. I have done about $500 in nickels to get these and I am happy to get my two first buffalos.
Happy Hunting
 
Upvote 0
Always nice to find 2 different types of keepers in one box!

congrats,

apush :read2:
 
CHAINCHOMP said:
nice score! dated buffs too! sweet! keep it up and hh!
One buffalo has a solid date of 1936, but the other is barely noticable. It looks like a 1921.
 
999digger,
The Indian Head/Buffalo nickle is a real classic American coin, congratulations on the find! The Buffalo's dates are frequently worn off because they were one of the highest points on the coin. There is a solution sold on many internet coin sources called "Nickadate". Essentially it is an acid solution that brings the date back slightly, but the discoloration on that spot will be visible.
The war nickles are nice too -- I love seeing those large mint-marks over the dome of Monticello.
Best of luck in 2011.
Steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom