What's new

My first button! but how old?

relic lover

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
2,218
Reaction score
1,310
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this at my mother's house circa 1780s. It is a hair biger than a US nickel. The front is smoothe the back has a wreath. How old do you think it could be?? It is my first button & I am pretty stoked. Any info would be great I don't know squat about button history, Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    60.2 KB · Views: 212
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    68.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    74.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 210
I would say by the design on the back and what I have seen about other buttons on
T-Net early to mid 1800's.That is my guess.
That is a nice find,Congrats :thumbsup:

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
Also it is brass i think and it is one piece
 
Upvote 0
a "flat" button design typical of the early to mid 1800's era time frame ( as a rough fast guess I'd say 1820 to 1850 range )-- nice find
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
a "flat" button design typical of the early to mid 1800's era time frame ( as a rough fast guess I'd say 1820 to 1850 range )-- nice find

I agree with early 1800s.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom