What's new

My first coin roll search attempts, nets 5 - 67-68 halves.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
842
Reaction score
353
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried a coin roll search on half dolars for the first time. I got 290 dollars worth first and got 1 - 1967 half. Then I got 40 more dollars and got 4 - 68 halves. I got a few rolls of Bicentennial halves out of it. I will try another search soon. I am giving the kids and adults in the family 2 Dollar bills and rolls of half dollars for christmas. I have been spending two dollar bills and half dolars recently and you always get funny looks, lol. I gave one lady 3 halves for a $ 1.48 cup of coffee and she gave me one half back. I gave it back to her and told her it was worth 50 cents, she thought they were dollar coins.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8705.webp
    IMG_8705.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_8705.webp
    IMG_8705.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0
Nice job on the silver. :icon_thumright:
 
Sweet score on the bicentennials! Pretty cool of you to keep a few rolls out of circulation. The silver is always nice.
 
Thanks Diggin and Diver. I will do more bank roll searches. I got 160 dollars of 2 dollar bills hoping to score some old ones, no luck on it. I am spending and giving out the halves and 2 dollar bills to promote coin and bill collecting in my family and local area, lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom