What's new

My first CRH experience, I think I did good.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I finally did it, I got my first box of coins. I only had $100 so I got a box of Nickels. Here is what I found:

Undated Buffalo Nickel 1

1939d 2
1940 2
1940s 1
1941 3
1946 2
1947 1
1952d 1
1954d 1
1955d 1
1956d 2
1957d 2
1958d 8
1959d 2
1960d 2
1961d 1
1962 2
1962d 5
1963 8
1963d 1
1964 14
1964d 55

Canadian - 1875 sorry it is a 1975 (I hit the wrong button and didn't catch it till the morning), 1977, 1994

Mexican 50c Pesos - 1987

Boy was I supprised to find a Buffalo in the mix, it was fun and can't wait till I have more money to try my hand on 1/2's!!! I am not going to save the 1964's. I am going to change them in and get another box tomorrow.
 
Upvote 0
A buffalo in your first box VERY NICE!!!!!! Congrats! My suggestion would be to throw the 60-63 coins back to the wild too un less they are very good specimens. But thats up to you. Keep your pre82 candian nickels since they are .999 nickel and catch a fair premium. Hope your luck continues maybe next time youll get a war nickel:-)

-K
 
1939-D is the second toughest date in the series and you get 2 in your first box..... and a buffalo.. nice box
 
Oh wow, sorry, I just saw 1875, no its a 1975 Canidian nickel - lol - 1975 not 1875 lol
 
That is a REALLY good box. For a first box, that ought to get your HOOKED!

The buffalo is a really hard one to round up in the wild, and those 39-D's you found... jeeze! You are a lucky one.

~Dave
 
Man you gotta be kidding me....I'm at over 400K nickels searched and the one I have left is a 39D, and you find TWO in your first box? Dang. Nice finds.
 
Yea... can't get over those 39-D's.

TON of coins searched and it is one of only 3 I still need. =(

Want to send one of them my way? lol

~Dave
 
2 39D's AND a BUFFALO!!!

That's absolutely insane. Congratulations!

I'm not trying to tell you what to do by any stretch of the imagination, but were it me I wouldn't be keeping anything made after 1961. My reason for this is that from 1960 on there really aren't any hard coins to come across, BUT the Jefferson folders from both Whitman and Harris both go through 1961 in their first books so you might want to keep some of those.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom