What's new

my first day out with the excalibur 1000

ironarmknives

Full Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2013
Messages
102
Reaction score
112
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Diego CA.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS ,whites v3i, excalibur 1000 blue,
put to rest CTX 3030 ,MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bought a used excalibur 1000 blue with yellow headphones yesterday for 550.00 to it out today and this is what i found….. man this water hunting is hard work three hours at waist deep is 1… cold bought a wet suit on the way home and swinging that thing and the scoop with the tide is hard work i'v mounted excel on the chest still the current will beat u up trying not to get to cold sucks because it takes from the task at hand so a wetsuit was a must… down craigslist on the way home got a dive suit two piece for summer and winter for 50.00 …. anyways it was a good day…….. the ring says titanium on the inside looks like three small diamonds ..and yes i found the dollar bill also …LOL


 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great first water hunt. Water hunting will get easier for you the more you do it. When I first started, I said water hunting might not be for me. It seemed like it was so much slower and harder than land hunting. Now its by far my favorite form of hunting. The water is where the gold is.
 
What lookindown said. The more you do it the more you'll get the hang of it and soon it will start to be second nature. :thumbsup:
 
Great deal on the blue Excal 1000! Paid $900 for mine and it's worth every penny. Sure I could of kicked up more for a excal II but I wanted the blue for a reason. Congrats on a successful water hunt and the new addition to your arsenal. If everyone keeps buying excals, there's going to be no more targets left!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
What was the reason?
Great deal on the blue Excal 1000! Paid $900 for mine and it's worth every penny. Sure I could of kicked up more for a excal II but I wanted the blue for a reason. Congrats on a successful water hunt and the new addition to your arsenal. If everyone keeps buying excals, there's going to be no more targets left!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Congratulations on your hunt! You will do well with the Excal!
I love mine! HH!
 
Made me check my finger. That is the same on as my wedding ring. Yes they are diamonds. Retail on ring is about $400 new. Congrats!
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140804_000703.webp
    ForumRunner_20140804_000703.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 154
Way to go! Its sure addicting!
 
Glad to see and keep digging !
 
You did well, IAK!

I like the ring:headbang:

Lorraine
 
What was the reason?
I've heard numerous times that some feel the old blue runs hotter then the newer version. Not saying it's a fact and not my opinion but simply heard that numerous times. I did experience quite a few hunts with my blue excal 1000 and a friends blue 1000 along side another friends new green excal II 1000...the 2 old blues seemed to be the victors. Fact.... I don't know, but I had the choice between the 2 and I chose the old blue and couldn't be happier. Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Im happy happy happy LOL i m going to get a extra battery i got the newer charger and a battery i have the AA pod but i'm sure this blue battery has seen its day .. now i just need a pod to put the battery in…… LOL man they want a arm and leg for a pod….
 
Last edited:
Wow. That was a mouthful.
 
who's doing the beach this weekend …...
 
I'll be hitting the beach at 3am on Saturday and about 3:30 am on Sunday
 
WOW on the price of that Xcal 1000. They are starting to put diamonds on about any ring now. You need to invest about $50 and get some acid, scale, loop, and diamond tester.... you just have to have them. Great hunt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom