What's new

My first Large Cent in the 1700

kshimes1

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
49
Reaction score
179
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great day!
1798 Large cent and some Indians Heads
2 Buttons with backmarks
HAMMOND TURNER & DICKINSON 1790-1800
W. H. JONES 1830'S
Silver Name plate & Charm
20160215_210749.webp20160215_202837-1.webp20160215_202857-1.webp20160215_210835.webp20160215_210807.webp20160215_211034.webp20160215_211002.webp20160215_145143.webp
 
Upvote 66
allot of nice finds.Congratulations on your first LC,and a heck of a nice first one to find at that,beautiful!.That 99 might be close by too?I still haven't broke out of the early 1800's with the large cents yet,and most of them don't even want to turn up as nice as that one.
 
Killer hunt, congrats! Two skeleton keys, in one hunt, I don't think that I have seen that on TNet before.

The LC is in really nice condition too.

Very well done sir!
 
That large cent is in REALLY nice shape! I love it when one comes out looking that nice!
 
Believe it to be a Sheldon-171. Need Don or someone else to confirm.....but I'm 90% sure. Pretty good shape actually. Very Scarce. Congrats Hogge
 
That big penny is divine!!
 
Thanks all. I live in Southeast Georgia. The soil is great along the coast From South Carolina down to Florida. Found this one in Georgia.
 
Beautiful Large Cent and awesome buttons
 
Awesome LC and 2 skeleton keys in a day? Nice!!!
 
Nice finds. CONGRATS!!
 
Great looking coin

Congrats
 
Awesome save!!!! That would make out day for sure!!!!:thumbsup:
 
That Draped Bust is great. Congrats! Excellent finds.
 
Nice. I'm still looking for my first 1700's large cent. I have dug three 1802's but just can't that early one !
 
I sure hope to find a large cent in that condition... I've found nice ones, but yours has nice color tone and looks like a nice surface feeling too... Way to go!!
 
Really nice early copper. Great detail. Any 1700s American coinage is killer in my book
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom