My first MD trip to the Treasure Coast

no2pencil

Nov 15, 2023
Fort Lauderdale FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
PI King underwater hand held
Did my first metal detecting in the Treasure Coast today. Went to the Sebastian Inlet State Park in Melbourne - didn't really find much to write home about. Some coins & a trifecta of pyramid weights

It was an awfully long drive just for some pocket change, but the memories will last a life-time!

Attachments

• 11-24-2023-2.jpg
    11-24-2023-2.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 11-24-2023-1.jpg
    11-24-2023-1.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 31
Upvote 12

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did my first metal detecting in the Treasure Coast today. Went to the Sebastian Inlet State Park in Melbourne - didn't really find much to write home about. Some coins & a trifecta of pyramid weights

It was an awfully long drive just for some pocket change, but the memories will last a life-time!
Nice!!! Congrats!!! Can’t take memories away😁

Earlafindit

Nov 19, 2009
Mid Atlantic Coast DE.
Detector(s) used
f75se,CTX3030, , Deus ,Excal blue 800 & 1000 , Manticore , TDI BeachHunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hunted down there twice , both times in May , detectors used Excals & Surf pi df now sold , a total of 5 weeks of hard hunting resulted in one 18k ring , the rest junk , no 1715 fleet treasure other than maybe some brass spikes, I determined if your not a local , and can jump right on the beach after a sand removing storm , chances of finding a stray 1715 fleet item is slim , if the beaches are sanded in forget it , most of the treasure is under more than 3 feet , most local hunter's , hunt after eroding beach storms , it still was exciting to hunt , I also hunted between the mooring line's of the Gold Hound 1715 fleet treasure hunter's boat , two rear stern lines were tied off anchored on the beach , I stayed out of the water , as I new- they had the rights , I didn't , that was cool , and adrenalin was rushing , but came up empty handed , happy treasure coast hunting , Earl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread