My first metal detecting video with the ORX

Tony-Ok

Jun 27, 2019
Oklahoma City Ok
Detector(s) used
XP ORX and Minelab 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great info, thank you, would there be any negative results just leaving it in 31 all the time? I see you list a Deus in your detector list . So why the ORX ??? Your thoughts??

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great info, thank you, would there be any negative results just leaving it in 31 all the time? I see you list a Deus in your detector list . So why the ORX ??? Your thoughts??

31 khz does not penetrate into the ground as deep as 13/14 khz and does not hit as hard on deeper high conductors, so you could lose some detection depth on high conductors (e.g., silver coins). If you mainly relic hunt, 25 31 khz is a great frequency because it hits hard on mid-conductive targets like brass, lead, and gold (but also aluminum). For coin shooting, a lower frequency is preferred unless those pesky bottlecaps are driving you crazy.

Last edited:

Tony-Ok

Jun 27, 2019
Oklahoma City Ok
Detector(s) used
XP ORX and Minelab 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonder if the X35 coil would eliminate the bottlecap in its highest frequency????

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will make the steel bottle cap have a clipped response. Similar to how it does when I switch it to 31 khz in coin deep in the video.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread