My First Oldie :D

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
Great find. Back in 81 when I was 16 I found my first coin with a metal detector and it was a 1905 V nickle. I found it at the barber shop in town that use to be the bank. The barber was a friend, he had an old yellow metal detector and said that I could barrow it to go around his shop. He said that he had metal detected around the place and I probally wouldn't find anything. About 5 minutes later I found the nickle and ran into the shop to show him. The look on his face was priceless. He said you are the luckest guy and that's how I got interested in metal detecting. He has since pasted away, but I will never forget the inspiration that he was for me. I'm sure this will just be the start in finding older coins.

Wolverine.

Mojohand

Oct 18, 2008
rockwood mi
Detector(s) used
Fisher f-70,minelab quattro, garrett ace250
Way to go ,nice v. Always check those iffy nickel / pulltab signals, my son has found gold a couple of times with those signals on the ace 250.

CWKEITH1

Dec 18, 2008
hey congrats on your find i still have some snow and plenty of frost in the ground around my area. can't wait till i can get back out and do some hunting. keep at it and you will find older stuff soon. keith

DanMI

May 26, 2007
Nice V ya got there. One of my first oldies was a V and it really got me excited. What area of Michigan are you in? HH Dan

OP
OP
coltdavis

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DanMI said:
Nice V ya got there. One of my first oldies was a V and it really got me excited. What area of Michigan are you in? HH Dan

Thanks im way south in the state almost in Indiana, right about in the middle of the state, ever heard of Coldwater?

M

michigan michael

Mich. Wolverine said:
Great find. Back in 81 when I was 16 I found my first coin with a metal detector and it was a 1905 V nickle. I found it at the barber shop in town that use to be the bank. The barber was a friend, he had an old yellow metal detector and said that I could barrow it to go around his shop. He said that he had metal detected around the place and I probally wouldn't find anything. About 5 minutes later I found the nickle and ran into the shop to show him. The look on his face was priceless. He said you are the luckest guy and that's how I got interested in metal detecting. He has since pasted away, but I will never forget the inspiration that he was for me. I'm sure this will just be the start in finding older coins.

Wolverine.
Great story Wolverine! I wonder if the barber knew how much he impacted your life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread