What's new

My First Oldie :D

Great find. Back in 81 when I was 16 I found my first coin with a metal detector and it was a 1905 V nickle. I found it at the barber shop in town that use to be the bank. The barber was a friend, he had an old yellow metal detector and said that I could barrow it to go around his shop. He said that he had metal detected around the place and I probally wouldn't find anything. About 5 minutes later I found the nickle and ran into the shop to show him. The look on his face was priceless. He said you are the luckest guy and that's how I got interested in metal detecting. He has since pasted away, but I will never forget the inspiration that he was for me. I'm sure this will just be the start in finding older coins.

Wolverine.
 
Way to go ,nice v. Always check those iffy nickel / pulltab signals, my son has found gold a couple of times with those signals on the ace 250.
 
hey congrats on your find i still have some snow and plenty of frost in the ground around my area. can't wait till i can get back out and do some hunting. keep at it and you will find older stuff soon. keith
 
Nice V ya got there. One of my first oldies was a V and it really got me excited. What area of Michigan are you in? HH Dan
 
Very nice! :thumbsup: Still looking for my first.

Keep digging!
 
DanMI said:
Nice V ya got there. One of my first oldies was a V and it really got me excited. What area of Michigan are you in? HH Dan

Thanks im way south in the state almost in Indiana, right about in the middle of the state, ever heard of Coldwater?
 
Hey great find. I'm still looking for my first V nickle
 
Mich. Wolverine said:
Great find. Back in 81 when I was 16 I found my first coin with a metal detector and it was a 1905 V nickle. I found it at the barber shop in town that use to be the bank. The barber was a friend, he had an old yellow metal detector and said that I could barrow it to go around his shop. He said that he had metal detected around the place and I probally wouldn't find anything. About 5 minutes later I found the nickle and ran into the shop to show him. The look on his face was priceless. He said you are the luckest guy and that's how I got interested in metal detecting. He has since pasted away, but I will never forget the inspiration that he was for me. I'm sure this will just be the start in finding older coins.

Wolverine.
Great story Wolverine! I wonder if the barber knew how much he impacted your life.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom