My first outting with my Ace 250

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I hit 3 spots today after hitting up an auction and failing to get the winning bid on 1.25 oz of Sterling, ran the lady up to $32.50 on it though. She wont be making any money off it any time soon.

First spot was a local lake beach. I combed about half of it, picked up 15 pennies, 2 dimes and a quarter, no silver. Quite a bit of foil, pull tabs and bottle caps as well.

Second spot was the playground at a school. Didnt find anything of interest in the sandbox but right outside of it I managed to find a penny and a nickel

Third spot was the playground at a church, I found a single penny.

I know I need a good sand shovel for the beaches, that would have made my day easier and I could have spent more time searching rather than digging and looking.

What do you suggest for a tool to get into harder ground? Something with a detector trowel head but can be used like a shovel so that you can put some weight into it. After 5-6 days of running a grinder prepping metal for welding, my wrists and hands are killing me. If I could make it a little easier on them, I would love to be able to do it. Might help with the slightly colder ground so I can continue searching before we get a hard freeze. Could someone list some good digging tools?

So in total, 67 cents found on the way back from an auction aint too bad for a first outing, it can get better from there! Cant wait for my first gold ring.

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2012
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
ACE 350 , Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought the Garrett Edge off of Ebay and it came with a finds bag for about 50 bucks, I think its great but then again I've only been doing this for a month or so

Hawgwild

Oct 29, 2012
Shreveport, LA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Garrett Edge digger and am happy with it....many like the Lesche Digging tool...most little garden tools don't have enough backbone to hold up to much digging without bending the shaft.

BTW: Very happy with my 250 also..

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a nice shovel ast night on the big auction site. About half of what I paid each for the 2 I bought new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions