What's new

my first rings

OutBack Duo

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
925
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife bought me a new White's DFX for my birthday in March (what a wonderful wife) so I took her to South Padre Island, TX to try it out and I found these 2 rings about 20 feet apart and about 6.5" deep.
 

Attachments

  • ring.webp
    ring.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 777
Upvote 0
What great finds for the first time out!!!! I've only been detecting since January, but I still haven't found even one piece of any kind of jewelry!! Happy hunting and welcome to the forum!

vicki
 
I've found some silver rings but 'dang' them's sweet!

HH
KB4IAZ
 
Nice wife,trip and first rings.Welcome and look forward to more of your post.HH
 
Hello, & Welcome to the forum...
Them are some great looking rings, WTG!!!
Looks like your off to a great start, keep'em com'n...
Good luck & Happy hunting~
 
Very nice. Now she knows she has a way of getting "new" rings.
 
Can't wait to find rinds like those.....can't wait to go back to beach either....
 
Wished I could find some of those on my beach! I've found 1 silver, nothing really good lookin. I think it's always hunted out, but keep on goin back. Determined to find my first gold ring! WTG great finds!!
 
I was very lucky to find these. I used to detect (had to sell my detector to survive a divorce a couple years ago) and never found anything as nice as these. I purchased a book from a local detector store (Digging Deeper with the DFX) and it made all the difference in the world. The beach where I found these were very clean, in the 3 days I was there I only found $1.57 in change. The book allowed me to reset the DFX to find things a lot deeper than other detectors. These were 6.5 inches deep and right at the water line, either other detectors couldn't find them or they didn't want to dig that deep.
 
Very nice rings! Look on the bright side. They're all yours now-no sharing. HAHA HH and keep smilin' ?8)
 
well actually I do have to share, I got re-married to a wonderful lady this past December who bought me my new detector last month.
 
AMEN! She is a wonderful lady.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom