My first Scythian arrowhead.

SouthSideHunter

Nov 9, 2011
Ukraine
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scythia was an area in Eurasia inhabited in ancient times by a group of Iranian people speaking Indo-Iranian languages, known as the Scythians. The location and extent of Scythia varied over time, from the Altai region where Mongolia, China, Russia, and Kazakhstan come together, across South of Ukraine to the lower Danube river area, Bulgaria and Georgia. This cythian bilobate bronze socketed arrowhead was found in Crimea,inhabited by the Scythians. Circa 700-500 BC.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,250

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
SouthSideHunter,That is an Awesome find!!!!!!!!!!!!!Resized for you.God Bless HH Chris

Attachments

• K640_nakone.JPG
    K640_nakone.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 752
OP
OP
SouthSideHunter

SouthSideHunter

Nov 9, 2011
Ukraine
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worldtalker said:
SouthSideHunter,That is an Awesome find!!!!!!!!!!!!!Resized for you.God Bless HH Chris
:icon_thumleft: Thank you. Good luck to you!!!

Taranis

Nov 27, 2011
Europe
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SouthSideHunter
They roved around in middle Europe too ::)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it you find these things with a metal detector? Great find! I've been wanting to hunt some arrowheads in our area but they are found by seeing as you can't metal detect them. Wish you could.

OP
OP
SouthSideHunter

SouthSideHunter

Nov 9, 2011
Ukraine
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
I take it you find these things with a metal detector? Great find! I've been wanting to hunt some arrowheads in our area but they are found by seeing as you can't metal detect them. Wish you could.
Thanks packerbacker!!! This is an ordinary find for our country. A depth was 8-10 inches. In such casting form one master with a few skilled helpers could pour off about 10 thousand of these arrowheads for a week.

Attachments

• bow071.jpg
    bow071.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 817

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread