my first shiny coin of spring

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
Well I got my taxes done today. woohoo! :D After looking at that stuff all day and i kept looking outside at the sun and clouds even though it was cold i wanted to go outside. It was too late to drive anywhere so i walked back in the woods where there is this old long forgotten pond. I know its old due to its mostly silted in, and theres very old willows planted on the small dam. But mostly its all overgrown. Usually i find only shotgun shell caps and other junk back in these woods. Well, i just wanted to SWING so thats what i did. I got a shallow reading jumping around half/quarter! Maybe an inch or two. I figured it might be junk, but whatever i just wanted to swing and dig, so i cut a huge hole, and what flipped out, a shiny circle! (53-D) ;D other than that, you can see in the pic, but also found a 1940 wheatie near this pond also. All in all a very pleasant few hours in the woods.

The IH (1906) was found on 3-13. It was found in some washed out dirt near a very old road in what used to be a classy hood back in the 30's. I thought 95% sure this is junk, it was only about 1" deep. But when i found that it was a coin i was really suprised and pleased.

Ive been out a few other times recently but havent really found anything much.

Attachments

• 3-18-07.jpg
    3-18-07.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, I haven't found a silver quarter or an IH this year yet. Sounds like there's more at the pond site. GL with it. HH

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice finds.

A lot of times that's how it happens. Just go out for a little R&R not expecting anything and then you score. ;D

Bob

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will you be claiming that silver on your taxes? ;D
Way to go!
-MM-

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh what a great day you had hunting. Silver and an IH, and gotta love those shotgun shells.

Better go back and hunt some more. Old ponds are good places to hunt. Lot of picnics at those kind of places.

HH,Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread