What's new

My first SLQ, a 1960 rosie and a bracelet

BandB1

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello SE Michigan here.

Nice day for a hunt, I was freezing two hunts ago, today I hunted in a T-Shirt.
​
Hit the metro park again, and decided to go over ground I'd hit before. My second
​
coin was a 1960 rosie, and about an hour later I found the SLQ. I think
​
that it must be somewhere between 1918-1924, it has no date. Was a very nice hunt.
​

[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]
[attachment=3]

Good luck,
HH.
 

Attachments

  • slq 3.webp
    slq 3.webp
    84.8 KB · Views: 164
  • slq1.webp
    slq1.webp
    109.7 KB · Views: 163
  • slq2.webp
    slq2.webp
    91.1 KB · Views: 160
  • slq 3.webp
    slq 3.webp
    84.8 KB · Views: 143
  • slq1.webp
    slq1.webp
    109.7 KB · Views: 158
  • slq2.webp
    slq2.webp
    91.1 KB · Views: 145
Those darn SLQ's! I got my first one last month and it was a no dater too! They are beautiful coins, but the design was bad for wearing off. Still lots of fun to find and I am sure your still smiling over that one, I know I would be.....Congrats!


hh
Slipperyjack47
 
Congrats on the S.L. they don't come outta the ground too often. I love those coins.
 
Nice finds. The bracelet looks pretty old too. I didnt think the metroparks were that old. At least the one I go to on occasion isnt except for a few select areas within the park.
 
Thanks Slipperyjack47, Jim C., and mcinmich.

Yeah Jack, after I got it home I immediately looked it up on the internet.
​
As I was waiting for it to load I was thinking of a 1936 english penny I found
​
(bout the size of a half dollar or so) it was very worn but the date was recessed
​
and clear as a bell. I then found out that around 1925 they started putting the SLQ
​
date in a recess.
​

mcinmich, the park I've been hunting, as far as I know, goes back to around the late
​
1940's, the site I found the SLQ around 1955. I understand the average coin
​
is in circulation for about 30 years, so w/ luck, you can find older coins than
​
expected. My first merc at this site was a 1917, worn, but with a very clear date.
​


Good luck,
HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom