My first solid silver roll

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The vault teller informs me some customers were clearing up their parent's estate and brought in mass quantities of coins. They were in all denominations but the unusual thing was every roll was sorted by year with the year written on it. I'll make the story short by just saying I found one roll of dimes labeled 1964 (52 '64 rosies in the roll). I have never before asked for quarters so she had already shipped them out-darnit.

Upvote 0

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:BangHead: if you had only got there earlier... congrats

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. The quarters were shipped out... they may have been abundant in silver. Still not the worst loss of potential silver I've read on this forum. I don't remember who posted this but I heard a story of a guy who saw a bank employee emptying a coin-counting machine and he saw one of the bags was completely full of nothing but silver Benjamins. He asked the bank lady if he could buy the bag but she told him they weren't allowed to sell the bags from the counting machine. He watched as it was slowly taken away. (the things nightmares are made of lol)

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bright side is you have a vault teller that tells you about these things. The ones I cultivated (who were mostly vault tellers) have mostly moved branches or left the bank. Even before that they may have told me when some halves came in the branch, but that's about it. There's just one teller that tells me about CWRs coming in a lot. But only a few scattered silver dimes among the many CWRs from her branch.

Enjoy the solid roll score and don't worry about the one that got away!

OP
OP
S

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back from the same bank. After thanking me for the donuts I brought them the teller said she had found some more of the dated rolls, just dimes though. "Sold" I told her. I pick up a box of dimes there every Friday so she had the dated ones ($85 worth) mixed in with the rest of the box. I could tell at least a couple rolls looked older and I could see the date written on one - 1975. Sure enough, when I got home and checked the other old looking one it had 1964 written on it. Again, it was overfilled-52 dimes but one was a 1966. Then I saw that one of the newer looking rolls had 1964 on it. So I ended up with 2 more solid rolls! I don't have a smart phone but if you really want pictures I'll get my sons phone.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all belive. Pictures just add to the emotion

OP
OP
S

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere