My first three ring day

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I was lucky enough to get out yesterday with Watercolor and the rest of the guys. I managed to grab a '46 Rosie. That was a fun hunt with a lot of good hunters out there! ;D It's way more fun to hunt with a group of friends! :wink:

Rosie small.jpg

Then this afternoon, I got out to an old park for a bit after getting skunked in the morning at a 50 year old house slated for demo. (Gotta find a silver Washington quarter this year... :icon_scratch: )

After 15 minutes and some clad & a 57 wheatie, I popped open a plug and there was a sterling ring. ;D

DSC04117.JPG

I found a bit more clad, and then 5 feet from the first ring, I popped a plug and there was a .3 oz honking sterling ring. ;D

DSC04113.JPG

A few feet away I found yet another ring. It's a junk metal ring. Oh well - let's not get greedy! ;D

I had to leave the park to pick Mrs. Kimsdad up at her friend's house. Naturally, the detector came back out for a bit. I got a strong signal in the back of her property and brought up what looks like plates and a cup from an old kiddie play set. They were pretty deep.

So the the day's finds include $3.34 in clad & two sterling rings. No silver George - but I'm going to hit that park again. :wink: Thanks for checking out my finds!

Finds.jpg

Rings.jpg

Upvote 0
Great hunt bud, keep at it, you will get your silver Washington soon!!! I was plannin on getting out today, but I was so tired after work I just passed out all day...

Neil, the "silver gods" must have been feeling a bit guilty for not letting you find a silver George yet ::)

That one ring is huge! It's a good thing those initials weren't "DSB" :D

Cool hunt!
Mark

KD,
You lucky dog! ;D :wink: Way to go on the silver today. I love seeing a ring staring back. :thumbsup:
Is that one of those cups that I see in the movies that the prisoners bang on the bars? :tongue3:
Great post buddy. :icon_king:
-Doug-

Attachments

• Otis.jpg
    Otis.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 640
Nice going, Neil! That's a big, honkin' silver ring! More silver than a quarter!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Nice huntin' Neil. What a great post :thumbsup: That big ring beats the snot out of a quarter any day :wink: :thumbsup:

Awesome finds, I really like the musical note ring. :thumbsup:

:wink: RR

SilverSleuth said:
Burdie said:
Now that is a nice haul. Those rings are great.
Burdie
rodgerdodger said:
The rings are a good find. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Sleuth, Burdie & Rodgerdodger!!

TreasureFiend said:
Great hunt bud, keep at it, you will get your silver Washington soon!!! I was plannin on getting out today, but I was so tired after work I just passed out all day...
Thanks, Fiend. I passed out just thinking about working 12 hour midnight shifts again like you do now.

watercolor said:
Neil, the "silver gods" must have been feeling a bit guilty for not letting you find a silver George yet ::)
That one ring is huge! It's a good thing those initials weren't "DSB" :D
Cool hunt!
Thanks Mark! You think "Da Silver Bob" would have traded the ring for a George if they were? :)

history hunter said:
Way to go!
JonAndDani said:
Sounds like a good day.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

ModernMiner said:
KD,
You lucky dog! ;D :wink: Way to go on the silver today. I love seeing a ring staring back. :thumbsup:
Is that one of those cups that I see in the movies that the prisoners bang on the bars? :tongue3:
Great post buddy. :icon_king:
-Doug-
Thanks, Doug! Yeah, I'm going to save that cup so I can bang it across the back door window this winter when the frozen ground holds me prisoner!

Gibbsium said:
Cool rings, very nice.
Thanks Gibbisum!

Captn_SE said:
Nice going, Neil! That's a big, honkin' silver ring! More silver than a quarter!
Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks, Capt'n Dan!!

mental granny said:
Despite being cold you did real good! Looks like a great bunch of fonds!
Thank you, Mental Granny!

watercolor said:
It's a good thing those initials weren't "DSB" :D

LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D
That is so funny

Great finds...

I did find your 4th ring on my hunt.

I think I'll tape up a Washington Q with all that black tape and have you use your GPS to find it and dig it up

Aw geez, could ya dig one for me?!?!

Nice digs fellas!

Congrats :thumbsup: , the silver ring I found yesterday was marked sterling. Had it not been for that, I would have thouht it was a piece of shiny pipe. :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back