My first time....How did I do?

FatCat

Aug 28, 2009
HUNTSVILLE Alabama
Detector(s) used
ACE250 w. 10x14'' DD and Lots of research
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went to some yard sales today with my wife ( its to hot to go detecting), so I thought I would try my hand at finding some treasure deals. I don't know how I did, Any input would be greatly appreciated. The chain is marked sterling/Avon, The silver dish and spoon are marked Oneida silversmiths, and the gold dishand candle holders are marked 24k electroplate and are made by a silversmith co. as well. Again thank you for any input.

Attachments

• chain.jpg
    chain.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 921
  • onieda.jpg
    onieda.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 919
  • 114k.jpg
    114k.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 922
  • candle.jpg
    candle.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 921
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 911
  • sticker.jpg
    sticker.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 918
OP
OP
FatCat

FatCat

Aug 28, 2009
HUNTSVILLE Alabama
Detector(s) used
ACE250 w. 10x14'' DD and Lots of research
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I almost forgot I paid $4 for total. I also got a 1964 us coins redbook for 25 cents.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
First of all great avatar ! That is a monster blue cat :notworthy: Looks like you did good on the chain depending on how many grams it weighs S/B worth @ the 4 bucks you paid for everything.There is not much melt value in plated items so I would pass them by. Anything that says EP or GEP is elctro plated and has only a very thin layer of gold on it. GF or gold filled is the same thing not much gold there. All of the good silver is marked sterling or 925 for 925 parts per 1000 of the metal are silver. You may find some things that are stamped 900 it has a little less but still worth buying. So much loot and so little time :D. Good luck in your treasure huntting and tight lines

Ace Villa-v

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I am not too sure about the Blue Cat. :icon_scratch:

Kinda looks like an Opalusa Cat? :dontknow:

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
It didn't look like a flat head so has to be a blue or channel. Maybe it knows where there is some sunken treasure ?!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions