What's new

My first week

copperpennies

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I was reading this forum for a while but i was too lazy to register. I read an article about copper pennies so i bought $100 of pennies and started hand-sorting. I did about $75 but then i got bored. I read that you can get good finds from half dollars. I, with Chrismas money have about $300 cash so i asked my mom for a $200 loan. I called around and found a bank that had a box. I bought it and it was from October 2006. In it i found 3 40% a 1965,1967,and a 1969. I was having fun and it was my moms day off so i begged her to drive me to another bank. She did and i bought $440 in half dollars. I think this is what you guys call a "Dream Box". I wish i had a camera to show you my finds but i will just list them.
Walking Liberty's:15
Franklens: 33
90% Kennedy's:17
40% Kennedy's:17

The funny thing is ever since 3rd grade my lucky number has been 17.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you, and when i first asked for halves they came back with a 2 inch stack of empty rolls lol.
 
CP - That is an excellent haul!!!! Kudos to you buddy. Those bank vaults can hold some real goodies....you just never know until you buy them ALL. Try to stop at every bank you can.

Good luck and keep us posted.....keep plugging!!

BTW - Would love to see some pictures if you can.
 
What an awesome fine. Congrats. Wish I could find a box with that much in it.

Thanks for sharing
Cat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom