What's new

My Free Treasure Hunting Tip For All

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,947
Reaction score
19,962
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m gonna turn you on to an old trick that I’ve employed for years… when wifey wants to go to Walmart, gladly take her, let her do her thing.
She knows I’m gonna check the Coinstar first, and then..
I walk around aimlessly around the massive melting piles of snow that have been plowed at the ends and corners of the parking lot. No telling what you might find! Imagine rings falling off cold hands, random jewelry, coins, all sorts of random stuff that gets swiped up and discarded.
Today’s haul was below average, but I’m 60 cents richer…. Ha!
image.webp
 
Upvote 26
Great now everyone knows, next you'll tell them about where the mechanical street brooms dump their ash and how to refine the platinum in it. 😉
 
BigWaveDave This a GREAT TIP THANK YOU !!!
 
I know, I've been doing that for years, no detector? go eyeballing. Very hard habit to break. Then again, why would we?
 
Back in the 80's, either Western & Eastern Treasures or Treasure Found! magazine did an article titled "Try Snow Time Detecting". It was about taking your detector and hand sand scoop to mall parking lots and detecting the snow piles.
After reading that article, I wanted to try it at the local mall (Chautauqua Mall in Lakewood, NY). When I mentioned it to my grandfather, his response was to wait until spring after the snow melts and just pick the stuff up off the bare ground. I never did try it.

Scott
 
Trick is to get there before the street sweepers clean up the lots
 
Don’t forget to check the lot edges. Wind blows paper to the edges. Chain link fences along lots get their share of wind blown cash.
 
I’m gonna turn you on to an old trick that I’ve employed for years… when wifey wants to go to Walmart, gladly take her, let her do her thing.
She knows I’m gonna check the Coinstar first, and then..
I walk around aimlessly around the massive melting piles of snow that have been plowed at the ends and corners of the parking lot. No telling what you might find! Imagine rings falling off cold hands, random jewelry, coins, all sorts of random stuff that gets swiped up and discarded.
Today’s haul was below average, but I’m 60 cents richer…. Ha!View attachment 2238095
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom