Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cat Dusty the Terrible (he doesn't like two of the other cats here, hence the name), well, he has his own personal 5' tall cat tree. He is a spoiled rotten thing. One day I see him and there is a stink bug walking over towards him. He sniffs it, and rears back his head and violently gags! It was priceless! Better yet, I didn't have to clean up the carpets.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cat Dusty the Terrible (he doesn't like two of the other cats here, hence the name), well, he has his own personal 5' tall cat tree. He is a spoiled rotten thing. One day I see him and there is a stink bug walking over towards him. He sniffs it, and rears back his head and violently gags! It was priceless! Better yet, I didn't have to clean up the carpets.

Cats don't like stinkbugs! Maybe Dusty remembered a previous unpleasant encounter. Mine back off.

That cat who was bitten by the copperhead had the best language skills I have seen in a cat. Squint could caw like a crow when he saw one from the window. If I cawed, he would come running and would get all fluffed out for battle against the crows. He could also mimic chirping and chipping sounds of other birds. Most of his life he lived as an only cat. But he enjoyed seeing a neighbor's cat who would visit me on the porch the same time every day for a treat. Eventually that little cat cautiously came inside and Squint was such a host. He was genuinely happy to have the company and really didn't care that he was being used for his food. So when the owner went away for trips, that little black cat would stay with us. When Shadow had a seizure at our house and died later that night, our Squint mourned the loss of his friend. He also passed away within 4 months and I always wondered if it was related to being bitten 10 years earlier.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup! Nasty looking creature!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But not close enough.

Google ... SC giant stag beetle image

Prepare for your jaw to drop

Your description was very good. That stag beetle is exactly what I thought you saw.

imagine riding a motorcycle and getting hit by one of those in the face!

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But not close enough.

Google ... SC giant stag beetle image

Prepare for your jaw to drop

Last ones I saw were in a huge rotting oak stump that I removed as we cleaned up a yard of a house we sold.

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sucker was big. Body wide as my thumb. Pincher reared up for a fight and all. I ran off the porch. No lie.

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your description was very good. That stag beetle is exactly what I thought you saw.

imagine riding a motorcycle and getting hit by one of those in the face!

First year I lived here, was riding my motorcycle on summer night ....something hit my temple hard. Wonder if it was one of those. Anyway, next day I bought a full helmet.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uuug we don't have those in Cali and I for one am very glad

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trdking you have plenty of other monsters, numerous species of rattlers, coyotes, bears, cougars, killer bees, and other assorted monsters, not including the politicians.:laughing7:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They must have been named after deer.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trdking you have plenty of other monsters, numerous species of rattlers, coyotes, bears, cougars, killer bees, and other assorted monsters, not including the politicians.:laughing7:
...and I have shot all but one species mentioned

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In S.W. Florida on Pine Island there is a lizard that if a cat eats it, it goes insane. My cat ate one. Eyes spinning, throwing up, crapping all over for days. In about a week it was over but that stupid cat was never right again. The vet said there was a study done and the lizards are only on the island. The cat acted insane until the day it died.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate snakes gators spiders bats tics squeeeters scorpians ect this post was great to read

Last edited:

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2 days before I spent a week in Kiawah SC (Charleston) this year an old dude was eaten by a gator. The authorities say he died by natural causes before he was dinner, but that sounds a bit like cover up to not scare off the tourists. An 8 ft gator swam by our condo every morning and we would hear it munching in the reeds, don’t mess with big gators... or tiny ticks, Lyme disease sucks...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread