What's new

My grandad gave me this very nice point he found

Lindsey

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast Texas
When I was younger my granddad always had a story to tell and I always loved hearing them, one day we were talking about the house my grandparents lived in and about it being built. He told me how he came across this arrowhead when they were leveling the ground for the foundation; I'm not sure if it originated from that location or if it was brought in with the dirt used to level out the foundation. The first two photos depict the actual color, the third photo is for size reference but the lighting made it look brown
 

Attachments

  • SANY00077.webp
    SANY00077.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 487
  • SANY00088.webp
    SANY00088.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 471
  • SANY00133.webp
    SANY00133.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 458
Upvote 0
Hi Lindsey, that one is nice, I'm sure someone will be along to tell you what it is. I really like the swirled colors. Thanks for posting it.

naturegirl
 
Very nice relic Lindsey, and GREAT Material too.
 
Nice one Lindsey, If I found it around here I'd call it a resharpened Kirk stemmed, steep bevel on that one. Thanks for sharing.

p.s. nice avatar pic.
 
Nice one and great memory to go with it. I say very old style on that one. Nice you can pass it and your storys to the next generation. Thank you for sharing it with us.
TnMtns
 
Thank you everyone. Having something like this always makes me wonder it's past, for instance who had it and what it went through and anything like that, but that's something only the ones who made it it will know. Now I just wish I could find something like that myself one day, keeping my fingers crossed. I really do wish I would've remembered to crop the pictures before I posted them, I completely forgot, I know it would've help give a closer view.
 
thirty7 said:
Nice one Lindsey, If I found it around here I'd call it a resharpened Kirk stemmed, steep bevel on that one. Thanks for sharing.

p.s. nice avatar pic.

That just went right over my head lol :dontknow: :help:

I took that picture from our canoe on North Sulphur River on our paddle back to the truck, that's our trick to get places most people can't get to unless they want to wade half a mile of water 3-4ft. :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom