What's new

MY GREATEST FIND

arkansaslynx

Greenie
Joined
Jan 7, 2014
Messages
15
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
POCAHONTAS AR
Detector(s) used
GARETT ACE 350
TESSORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes a person's find is not where he expects to find it. I have th'ed for sometime now. I will admit that since coming to Arkansas I did a lot less. Everything seemed to get in the way. This past fall I noticed that my youngest grandson living in my area was taking an interest in my detector ... a 1991 Tessoro Bounty Hunter. I gave the detector to him when I bought my Garrett. Anyway he is my greatest find in th'ing. He goes out every chance he gets and can't wait till a patch of snow has melted. The last time he went out, he went to the park not far from his house. he found a stash of Wheaties ... around 20 in one hole... One was a 1918 and the newest was 1957.

WHAT ARE YOU WALKING ON... ARKANSASLYNX
 

Attachments

  • 016.webp
    016.webp
    686.1 KB · Views: 136
He's hooked or at least he will be able to pass the interest along someday to someone.

My dad didn't think that I was paying attention to all the pennies he was digging back in 1976.
 
Congrats to you young man keep'em swinging more great things to come for you in life congrats & good luck :thumbsup:
 
I am so proud of him. I love to see young ones doing things other than getting into trouble. th'ing is great for all of us but it offers great things for our kids. I thank you for your encouragement to him.
 
I am so proud of him. I love to see young ones doing things other than getting into trouble. th'ing is great for all of us but it offers great things for our kids. I thank you for your encouragement to him.

Amen, We're proud of him too.
 
It's great to see the young ones getting into TH'ing, that is gold right there!
 
Hi Arakansaslynx; That's a fine thing you did there. You not only gave him a great hobby but you literally changed his life for good. I've been detecting for 45 years now. I started when I was 11. Greatest gift my mom ever gave me. I loved the peace and quiet and the finds I always made whether it was a penny or a gold ring. The thrill of the Hunt kept me going. When ever I got mad or frustrated or bored I grabbed my detector instead of punching some clown face in.I also spent 6b years in the ring boxing. Good right hook ya know. !! :thumbsup:
Encourage him any way you can. Take him with you and you will truly both be blessed by God with the memories you two will have forever. To us here in these Forums you are a true HERO. God Bless You.
PS: We await your future Posts. And if you don't Post any pics of you guys in the Field hunting we'll just kill you ok. !!!! :laughing7::laughing7::thumbsup: PEACE:RONB

The Greatest Treasure any Man can have is Peace of Mind. !!! RB
 
HI Arkansaslynx; What are your ages. Read my Post below and you will understand why I asked ok. PEACE:RONB
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom